94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
:blink:

I don't see how this could be acceptable by any rep or manager/supervisor.

The circumstances were due to several replacements of their bionic.. 8 or so as I recall... I personally don't know... that's why I said I have seen it posted somewhere... the person could be lying for all I know...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Losman

Reaction score
Man that would be awesome. I've had so many issues and all I got was a refurbished unit. And believe me I gave them an earful. I think their nickname for me was Angry Bionic guy. Although I hear about Nexus issues too. Either way I'm waiting a long time to upgrade.

OP
droidxd00d

droidxd00d

Reaction score
So to update they just offered me a replacement device so I politely declined their offer and left. They were extremely nice about it and said they couldn't do it since I have had the device for so long. I told them I understood and no hard feelings. i didn't get upset or angry with them since it isn't their fault. Oh well lesson learned to never buy a device in the first week. I might just buy a rezound or nexus off craigslist or ebay and then sell my bionic.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So to update they just offered me a replacement device so I politely declined their offer and left. They were extremely nice about it and said they couldn't do it since I have had the device for so long. I told them I understood and no hard feelings. i didn't get upset or angry with them since it isn't their fault. Oh well lesson learned to never buy a device in the first week. I might just buy a rezound or nexus off craigslist or ebay and then sell my bionic.
Hmmm figured that'd be the result. If you really want to give it another a shot try calling Verizon, not a corporate store. Sometimes they're more willing to work with you.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

That sucks.... sorry man.

OP
droidxd00d

droidxd00d

Reaction score
That sucks.... sorry man.

No its cool. I love my bionic i really do. If it hold a connection i wouldn't even think about ditching it.

kmo

Reaction score
I don't understand these connection issues being tied to the device. Most of these issue are probably related to the carrier's network towers and signal reception in certain areas due to , whatever...4G towers replacing 3G who knows. It took 8 hours to activate my Galaxy Nexus when I bought it. VZW was installing 4G to my area and many people (including iphone users) were experiencing very long activation times. I didn't run to VZW and say my Galaxy Nexus isn't working. I did a little bit of investigating to try and figure out what was going on. Please stop blaming the device for everything that goes wrong before checking out what else might be causing the problem. Try doing some troubleshooting before "I need a new device mine doesn't work I want to replace it." You might be in for the same or a different issue than you already have....just something to think about...

wolstonc

Reaction score
Call customer service enough times and you can get anything. I actually had a customer that got to upgrade after being just 6 months on his first contract. His special circumstance was his phone broke and he didn't have insurance. People get different phones as replacements all the time. All you have, to do is keep sending refurb bionics back saying they all have the same issue, and after 4-5 say you are tired of this and want a different phone. Their supervisor can let them send you something else. There was even one time that a CCM (call center manager) let a customer get a free iPhone 4 at launch just because the customer was calling and wasting so much time from so many reps that it was just cheaper for the company to give him a free iPhone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
droidxd00d

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I don't understand these connection issues being tied to the device. Most of these issue are probably related to the carrier's network towers and signal reception in certain areas due to , whatever...4G towers replacing 3G who knows. It took 8 hours to activate my Galaxy Nexus when I bought it. VZW was installing 4G to my area and many people (including iphone users) were experiencing very long activation times. I didn't run to VZW and say my Galaxy Nexus isn't working. I did a little bit of investigating to try and figure out what was going on. Please stop blaming the device for everything that goes wrong before checking out what else might be causing the problem. Try doing some troubleshooting before "I need a new device mine doesn't work I want to replace it." You might be in for the same or a different issue than you already have....just something to think about...

I never said it was completely the devices fault. It is known 4g has issues. But it also seems that some devices are more prone to it than others I.e. the bionic. And what makes u think I havent researched about this problem and tried to fix it myself. And my device is having other issues besides data issues alone. So I'm not trying to get in a heated debate here but I think a device that retailed for 300$ should be working properly after a couple of months. My data data drops are so bad I have to use wifi 95% of the time. I never have data when I need it which is a huge concern. It caused me to drive to school and miss classes which had been moved to other buildings.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Call customer service enough times and you can get anything. I actually had a customer that got to upgrade after being just 6 months on his first contract. His special circumstance was his phone broke and he didn't have insurance. People get different phones as replacements all the time. All you have, to do is keep sending refurb bionics back saying they all have the same issue, and after 4-5 say you are tired of this and want a different phone. Their supervisor can let them send you something else. There was even one time that a CCM (call center manager) let a customer get a free iPhone 4 at launch just because the customer was calling and wasting so much time from so many reps that it was just cheaper for the company to give him a free iPhone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

This is what you have to do if you wish to buck the system. They replaced my wifes OG Droid after she returned it for a CLNR 3 times. They gave her a Droid 3 CLNR unit, which still had an issue or two (background and ringer would change) but worked well otherwise, unlike the OG.

OP
droidxd00d

droidxd00d

Reaction score
This is what you have to do if you wish to buck the system. They replaced my wifes OG Droid after she returned it for a CLNR 3 times. They gave her a Droid 3 CLNR unit, which still had an issue or two (background and ringer would change) but worked well otherwise, unlike the OG.

I'm going to give customer service a call tonight and attempt to get a clnr bionic. If that one still doesn't work then I'm going for the nexus/rezound