Has anybody

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Got a bionic that they got verizon to switch to a nexus free of charge. I am going to the store to complain about the lack of data and see if they would swap. Just wanted some tips/advice

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I've heard of people getting switched to the nexus, and getting to keep their bionics.... I believe I read it on the moto forum... perhaps it was here.... sorry I can't be of more help

I've heard of people getting switched to the nexus, and getting to keep their bionics.... I believe I read it on the moto forum... perhaps it was here.... sorry I can't be of more help

:blink:

I don't see how this could be acceptable by any rep or manager/supervisor.

Yea I don't want all that id rather just switch out my device..I just hope I can..

Yea I don't want all that id rather just switch out my device..I just hope I can..

If you're within the 15-day return date you can. You'd just have to pay a restocking fee. However, if you're out of the return date period, then you may be out of luck unless you plead your case well enough

If you're within the 15-day return date you can. You'd just have to pay a restocking fee. However, if you're out of the return date period, then you may be out of luck unless you plead your case well enough

I am easy out of 15 days..I just cannot deal with no data for more than half a day

I am easy out of 15 days..I just cannot deal with no data for more than half a day

If anything they'd give you a refurb. They'll probably tell you to factory reset first.

I've never heard of anyone being able to swap to a Nexus, especially when the Nexus is a little more expensive than a Bionic with contract and also a newer phone. Never know though, let us know how it goes

I wouldn't mind a refurb. And I would tell them I have performed 2 data resets and well as resetting the sim card to no avail.

If asking for a nexus doesn't work I could still try and get a rezound.

If asking for a nexus doesn't work I could still try and get a rezound.

I don't know how that's any different than trying to get a Nexus. They both go for the same price iirc. Good luck if you do try that though

I don't know how that's any different than trying to get a Nexus. They both go for the same price iirc. Good luck if you do try that though

Rezound is 199$ same as the bionic.

Rezound is 199$ same as the bionic.

Did not know that. I checked out the Rezound about a week and half before the Nexus came out, it was still listed at $299.

Did not know that. I checked out the Rezound about a week and half before the Nexus came out, it was still listed at $299.

Yea I checked today and its 199 so it might be more likely as a replacement choice.

Well, let us know how it goes:)

I sure will! I hope it goes well..my local store has some very nice salespeople so I am hoping for the best...

Back