handcent notifications

jdw10100

Reaction score
i get the handcent notification when i get a text but then right after it i still get the native notification but it still opens handcent.

tl:dr
i get 2 notifications that both open in handcent. how do i get only 1?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into the stock messaging settings and turn the notifications off

Pueo

Reaction score
I have used Handcent since Nov 2009, I too have your same problem, I have done all the uninstalls, reinstalls, go to stock msg program turn off notifications etc. etc. to no avail and at risk of being flamed by a poster (again) who knows my phone better then I do, all the the above do not work. I am a Handcent fan so I just deal with it, and usually just keep Handcent running in the foreground.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pueo, flaming is not allowed here, if that happens again please report the post by selecting the red and white triangle at the bottom left corner of the post

It is odd that some devices act in a completely different manner than others...some things we will never understand

Pueo

Reaction score
Pueo, flaming is not allowed here, if that happens again please report the post by selecting the red and white triangle at the bottom left corner of the post

It is odd that some devices act in a completely different manner than others...some things we will never understand

Thx tparker, I used to post a bit when I first joined and got a little jaded with some posters who insist that their solution WILL work. A bug is a bug is a bug, but I will not give up HandCent for this minor inconvenience. Upgrade time is approaching and the Droid X is looking good, perhaps the annoying stock msg program will adhere to my commands then LOL

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well welcome back (in a sense) the Droid X is about as Big and Bad as they get, I hope you pick it up and continue to join us in the discussion :)

harrellj

Reaction score
From other threads, other apps may cause the stock notification. Could that be causing it?

Pueo

Reaction score
From other threads, other apps may cause the stock notification. Could that be causing it?
I haven't been able to isolate it, but then again I haven't gone as far to set to factory default and start clean with Handcent. I've mirrored other Droid users I work with on apps and shared the same settings on stock msg and Handcent, they don't get the stock msg but I do. Strange.......... Oh well just an extra tap to get rid of extra text.

Pueo

Reaction score
Re-read a few posts and decided to give ChompSms a go. Works flawless and no stock notifications!dancedroid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good things about ChompSMS-glad it worked for you :)

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i get the handcent notification when i get a text but then right after it i still get the native notification but it still opens handcent.

tl:dr
i get 2 notifications that both open in handcent. how do i get only 1?
do you get the message twice? if so i get that all the time, sometimes i get the message 3 times, i have the. i dont get extra notifications i get the message multiple times.