handcent displays double notifications even with one disabled

evilkokonut

Reaction score
i disabled notifications in the default messenging app and it still displays double notifications in the status bar. I tried reenabling and disabling but all it does is reenable the sound. Any ideas??

well I guess I found a way around the two... I disabled notifications in handcent and made the messenging program notification open in handcent by default. However, i do not get my custom LED colors this way... ugh

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure your stock messaging is disabled, by going into the stock app and checking the settings.

Then make sure your Handcent notifications are set.

Next.... power down your phone and then restart it. Might take care of it. Sometimes a fresh system start can alleviate some problems.

OP
E

evilkokonut

Reaction score
Make sure your stock messaging is disabled, by going into the stock app and checking the settings.

Then make sure your Handcent notifications are set.

Next.... power down your phone and then restart it. Might take care of it. Sometimes a fresh system start can alleviate some problems.
i've restarted and made sure that everything is unchecked in the stock messaging app... i don't get it..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check your Market if Handcent has had an update.... there's so many every day I barely remember which got one.

Maybe try uninstalling and re-downloading Handcent. I know a pain but might work.

OP
E

evilkokonut

Reaction score
I just uninstalled handcent and disabled and reenabled the notifications in the default app and i am still getting notifications.... somethings wrong with my phone. Is there anywhere else I need to disable the ..............
scratch that while typing this I just figured it out. I have SMS notifications set up in missed call... gahhh

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just uninstalled handcent and disabled and reenabled the notifications in the default app and i am still getting notifications.... somethings wrong with my phone. Is there anywhere else I need to disable the ..............
scratch that while typing this I just figured it out. I have SMS notifications set up in missed call... gahhh

Down side to this phone..... so many options :)... there's a learning curve.... lot of 'what the f...' moments. LOL. It gets better! :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Running liberty 2.0.1 and one day I just started getting double notified again default turned off. I do have friendcaster pro could this be causing it please let me know