[GUIDE]TBH inspired Free wireless tethering hack instructions for Droid 3

Snow02

Reaction score
Exactly. So for those who want to play by the rules, it's nice to know bluetooth is an option. For laptops that don't have it, the tiny adapters can be had for less than $10.

ModLife

Reaction score
Did not know they were QUITE that cheap

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rygaul44

Reaction score
So I did this and I don't know if it would have done this before but, my phone keeps dropping 3g after a few minutes, if I restart the service it works shortly and then drops again, is anyone experiencing these problems?

Sent from my DROID3

jzd5032

Reaction score
So I did this and I don't know if it would have done this before but, my phone keeps dropping 3g after a few minutes, if I restart the service it works shortly and then drops again, is anyone experiencing these problems?

Sent from my DROID3

I had the same issue. If i turn on wifi and then turn on hotspot, it doesnt seem to drop anymore

rygaul44

Reaction score
That's a strange fix but I'll give it a try

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

pinkzep

Reaction score
I had the same issue. If i turn on wifi and then turn on hotspot, it doesnt seem to drop anymore

I am having the same issue with my Droid 3 with the 3g and tethering. I tried to turn on wifi and then hotspot and it doesn't work. It is extremely unstable, whether it is on my laptop or tablet.

Why is my phone doing this?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe since as soon as I put my phone back to normal the GPS starting back working. This has proven true on 2 different phones....

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Or maybe all these phones they have given me are just crap. Hopefully the 4th one is better.

jchipper

Reaction score
I just tried this hack, followed the directions exactly and it went well but when i try and tether it my tablet says "Obtaining IP Address" and never connects.... any suggestions?

javipoo

Reaction score
I just tried this hack, followed the directions exactly and it went well but when i try and tether it my tablet says "Obtaining IP Address" and never connects.... any suggestions?
I followed the Radiocomm guide. I did this just a few weeks ago.
Computer/laptop/other phones pick up and connect to the signal.
haven't had a single issue other than I need to turn on hotspot then browse the internet on my phone to kinda kick start the connection. otherwise my computer connects but with a yellow triangle.

pistacio

Reaction score

Sometimes I will have a similar problem when using a network password within the hotspot app. Try it without a password, open network in other words.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App