[GUIDE]TBH inspired Free wireless tethering hack instructions for Droid 3

Big D

Reaction score
any idea why the dot in RC might have been pink instead of green?

I'll give her another shot today.

km75

Reaction score
any idea why the dot in RC might have been pink instead of green?

I'll give her another shot today.

What exactly do you mean by the dot in RC?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Big D

Reaction score
When in the RC program, it says that in the right corner there is a green dot under the "RC" logo that should be green signifying that you are properly connected. When I'm connected, the dot turns pink not green.

Knowing how easy it would be to brick this thing beyond recognition, this small discrepancy is enough for me to put on the brakes.

ACalcutt

Reaction score
When in the RC program, it says that in the right corner there is a green dot under the "RC" logo that should be green signifying that you are properly connected. When I'm connected, the dot turns pink not green.

Knowing how easy it would be to brick this thing beyond recognition, this small discrepancy is enough for me to put on the brakes.

Do you have the "PST USB Driver" selected? (in RadioComm --> Settings --> USB --> PST USB Driver)

edaw104

Reaction score
I'm not a religious man either but I do wish you good luck!

It Works thank you. RC usb setting was wrong when i installed just put it in pst usb mode and presto-blamo it works thanks again:icon_ banana:

Thanx for this man. If the instructions are followed to the letter its a very easy hack to do. Working perfectly on my phone as I write this. Once again thanx!!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Really this is all from Team Black Hat... their awesome work.

But I am very happy to be able to translate their hard work to our Droid 3. :motdroidhoriz:

Again all I ask is that when some dev finally cracks this beast wide open for all of us you guys open your wallets and send SOMETHING.

- faylix / local

PS: I'm not entirely religious but I'm taking the bar exam on wed and Thursday and if you guys wanted to pray for me... :heart:

Big D

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if one does brick their phone in this program, is there ANY way back?

edaw104

Reaction score
I would think at this point you just would need to take it into the store and hope they don't catch on.
Just out of curiosity, if one does brick their phone in this program, is there ANY way back?

neilrl79

Reaction score
I never got around to doing this on sunday, will be getting on it thursday when i get home from training. I don't have a great need for this but i really like the idea of making my phone more capable then it was when i bought it.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
About to try this out now.. will post if my phone goes into oblivion or not. :)

Big D

Reaction score
Done and done. Works aweswome!

Scary times but it really wasn't that hard.

You. Guys. Rock.

javipoo

Reaction score
Confirmed. Well Done instructions. easy to follow. Don't be skurred, people...
15 minutes, two programs to download, and a set of instructions to follow to the letter - no issues. i didn't sip the beer tho'...

I ran it on a work pc running Windows XP during my break. When I plug my phone in and switch it to PC mode I had some driver issues. Upon researching it has something to do with XP...XOOM tablet does the same thing.
Motorola MTP under device manager has a yellow exclamation.
don't worry, just soldier through.
Read things twice before you do. i haven't hooked anything up to it yet, but everything seems according to instructions.

THANK YOU. I'm hoping this brings us closer to root.

neilrl79

Reaction score
well i finally did it. followed the instructions to a tee, and everything went great. i do have to note that when all was done and i tried to test it out, i found that turning on the hotspot app rebooted my phone,every time i tried to turn it on. after a couple of minutes of panic i powered the phone down, pulled the battery, prayed a little, put the battery back in, powered up and everything works fine now. i'm actually posting this tethered to my D3. dancedroid

javipoo

Reaction score
Yeah, my phome had a few random reboots when I used this the first few times. None since then. I wonder if there is anyway we can check the settings to see if it stays

neilrl79

Reaction score
Faylix/local, i wanted to try this on my wifes un-rooted Droid2, do you know what would be different(i.e.values,chipset)?