Group texting and new icon

chrisd56

Reaction score
Hello again all......Is there a way to send a text message to more than one person at a time. With my blackberry i used to be able to add over a dozen contacts.

Also a new icon appeared in the upper left corner of my screen, it is very small and looks like piece of paper w/ the corner folded over a nd a check mark in the middle, i cant seem to get rid of it.

thanks in advance for any help

sir

Reaction score
it acts just like the iPhone - create a new message and start typing a contact's name. when you find the person and auto-complete it, you'll see a comma (,) after their name. you can then start typing another contact name to add to the list.

as for the item in the upper-left corner, tap and drag down on it and it should open up the notification area. it should show you what notification you haven't reviewed yet.

hope this helps!

Mike7380s

Reaction score
group text messages

Is there a way to create a group or distribution list in the Moto Droid so that a message can be sent without having to add the contacts one at a time? Or is an app needed for that?

OP
C

chrisd56

Reaction score
I have tried to type in a contact name and auto complete does not come up, or the rare times it does it's not even close to the name i am typing. also when i manually enter a name in the TO_______ box and try to send a text it says "not a valid contact".....this is driving me crazy

Connors_MOM

Reaction score
install handcent app and use that as your main text application. it will allow you to go contact and check all the names you want to send text msg to. there is no limit. i can send text msg to everyone in my contact at once. some phones allow only 10 at a time. there is no limit using handcent. also you can click on the + sign and it will take you to contact list. awesome app!!!

loveroflife96

Reaction score
Any way to choose just one phone number? Some of my contacts have multiple numbers associate with them and I only want to add their cell numbers to SMS them?

OP
C

chrisd56

Reaction score
If you set then as "mobile" in the profile that number will appear in the prompt when you start typing it in the To:_________ box.

Just hold down the persons contact info and hit edit contact, befoe the number it should say mobile, if not just tap that box and change it.