Group Texting! Droid Does!

D_R_0_1_D

Reaction score
My only gripe with Handcent and ContactU is that if you have multiple numbers assigned to a contact in a pre-defined group (e.g. mobile, home, work), then it tries to send the SMS to every number (including landlines and so forth). My old BB used to let me create a group of numbers - not contacts. THAT is what I would like to see in Android.

iPirate

Reaction score
I tried handcent and it was meh... I guess I don't have a use for what it provides. The voice input was cool but that should be coming with 2.1. Besides that I didn't see a reason to keep it.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I have done group texting several times from the Native Messaging App on the Droid. What's the mystery?

Can you please share the steps of how you did this?

I'll try...a video would be best, I suppose. But, here goes:

1) Tap on Messaging icon
2) A list of previous threads should appear; at the top is the New Message line. Tap here.
3) In the TO line, enter in your first contact.
4) Once your first contact is entered, the cursor may jump down to the Compose line. If so, tap the TO line again, and continue adding contacts. Each contact will be separated with a comma.

Once this first group message is sent out, the thread will remain in history, and you now have a standing "Group" to re-send more messages to.

Now, if you guys are talking about having pre-set groups, I do not see an option to do that in the native Messaging App. However, once you start a thread of messages to a group of contacts, you have essentially done so.

Erich

Do like. (Ten chars)

Eagle Peak

Reaction score
group contact text messages

thank you!! this worked just great...i did not have to sign into my google account on my phone though..it did just automatically synch...yeah yeah:icon_ banana::)

allenm

Reaction score
Group Text

Have found the han. is a little cluttered for me. the app i use and it has predefined list and stores them for use later is Group Text. dev.: name is A Mains . great app, love it. simple and fast