GPS to address app?

mandroid1234

Reaction score
When you take pics with the droid camera, it will save a location with the file which you can then "view on map'. This pops open google maps and it plugs in the coordinates to give you a street address.

My question is this: is there an app that will tell me the address (or at least the street I'm on) based on my present location? It would be nice to do this in google maps, but it seems I have to take a picture before maps can show my address.

tameone

Reaction score
In Google Maps, Long press on the road near where it shows "My Location" (or any road anywhere).. you will get a pop up with the address which you can click for more info.

OP
M

mandroid1234

Reaction score
Ooh, I didn't know you could do that in google maps, thanks! Beats takin a pic or hitting "add a venue" in fousquare.

Still, if anyone knows of an app where I can just hit a button and see my address without having to mess with cameras or zooming in and out, that'd be awesome.

OP
M

mandroid1234

Reaction score
Ooh, I didn't know you could do that in google maps, thanks! Beats takin a pic or hitting "add a venue" in fousquare.

Still, if anyone knows of an app where I can just hit a button and see my address without having to mess with cameras or zooming in and out, that'd be awesome.

tameone

Reaction score
IIRC, there's an app called "Here I Am" that will send google maps compatible directions over sms to your specific location. I suspect this might have the features you're looking for.