GPS Marker App?

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
So my grandfather bought himself a Droid Charge after seeing me with my DroidX and what not. He does a fair bit of hiking and we have been trying to find an app that allows one to save a GPS location (say a trail head your standing at) and label it does anyone know of an app that does this well? I've tried a few compass apps with poor results (meaning the closest the app got the gps location was within 10miles I know the phone isn't a dedicated gps unit but googlemaps proves it has capabilities above that...) and have only managed to get street addresses tagged in google maps. Does gmaps have this capability and I just haven't figured it out yet? Suggestions, Ideas, Thoughts, Comments appreciated....

OP
F

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Someone on IRC suggested GPSstatus and this app so far appears to be working extremely well for the above described problem although it may only be able to hold one point? *goes to check of the non free version can store more*

Noxian

Reaction score
My Tracks for Android Mytracks?

I cant say if its any good since my new D3 (coming from a iPhone4) hasn't shown up yet.

But i have been looking for these types of apps for when I go 4x4ing in my Jeep.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I'm offroad in my RZR all the time. GPS Essentials and AlpineQuest both work great for tracking/routing offline.

GPS Essentials has a simple camera function which embeds the location of the shot, and will show it on Google maps with one button press.

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums