Maps let me down again last night...

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Sorry to be blunt, but maybe you shouldn't rely solely on technology/software that isnt perfect? What do you expect from google, all the services they provide are free and are in some cases better than paid alternatives. You could have checked to see if maybe an address next door or across the street showed up?

Sorry to be blunt back but OMG, can you be any more of a fanboy for Google? I mean, not like I'm attacking them as a company or this as a product. I'm just stating a fact--which has been backed up by NUMEROUS other people--about their database. So we should all just say, "Well, I found a problem but I'll just deal with it and not let anyone know so they can't fix it?"

Seems like everyone wants to deny this is a problem which should be fixed. I never said it happens ALL of the time. I never said the program SUCKS. I've actually said--more than once--this is a great program, however, it could be greater if they'd fix the problem(s) others have found. Will they fix it? I hope so (and I'd guess they'll work everything out), but they can't fix something if they don't know about a problem can they?

Good luck....I for one am not going to hold my breath waiting.

Whats with people calling others fanboys? Have we somehow been transported back to elementary school? I understand that you are a little ticked off about this, but you have to deal with it. Google will fix this when they fix it. Get angry with google, not people on the forum.
Dude, have you read ANYTHING I've posted? I'm not angry with Google. Have NEVER been angry with Google. I posted about a problem I had with Maps--a perfectly reasonable thing to do which hundreds (maybe thousands?) of others do on a daily basis. Then I'm attacked for saying something bad about Maps. I'm told I should return my phone, etc. Then I'm told I should just be happy because it's free, etc.

You say you're not holding your breath waiting. Waiting for what exactly? For Google to fix a problem? No, I'm not holding my breath either. Never said anyone should. Never attacked the program or Google either. Never been mad at Google. I really don't know where you guys get this from...

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I for one love the map app, but have found on many occasions that it does have inaccuracies. My wife and I arrived at our mapped location yesterday, pulled into the parking lot, and sat for a few minutes while our "friendly female navigator" continued on in an attempt to have us back out of the lot, and proceed two blocks away to the correct address. Despite us being exactly where we wished to go. :)

I can live with this. Buying the Droid saved me buying the $249.00 Garmin I was all poised to purchase just before taking possession of my Droid! I haven't looked back since! :)

cuskit
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
And this, basically, is what I'm saying. However, it does not mean we should just be happy with what they gave us and not let them know when there is an issue.