Got the N2 today... lots to learn

LDB415

Reaction score
I ported my ATT number over to VZ today in the Note 2. I guess I like it but a few things are annoying so far. It came with about 3 pages of apps, many of which I'm sure are not needed. I plan to monitor them and eventually remove some. I've adjusted and arranged the home pages to have just 3. I've got 4 spots left if/when I find anything else I want to use them for.

Problem 1. In email I can't get it to set up my yahoo email. It says the acount/pw is incorrect but it works fine on my Macbook. What's the secret on the N2?

Problem 2. Same as 1 but with my hotmail email.

I'm sure there will be plenty more hurdles. Any hints/tips/tricks/secrets/suggestions appreciated.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Yahoo has a new mail app I would suggest trying. I don't use the stock email apps but I have heard a lot of good things about K9 email, it should work better with your accounts. I hope you enjoy your new phone I am loving mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

Caesars

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Hotmail, used the email option (instead of the live mail or whatever it was) and it's worked perfect.

Return of the Android

jseah

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Hotmail, used the email option (instead of the live mail or whatever it was) and it's worked perfect.

Return of the Android

This also applies to Yahoo mail. If you use the Yahoo option to set up your email, it works, but you do not have the option to access any folders that you may have set up in Yahoo mail. If you use the email option (where you set it up as IMAP and enter the incoming and outgoing servers) then the folders work fine, but you lose push email. You can set it up to poll every 15 minutes though, so it is just as effective.

FWIW, this is not an issue isolated to Samsung. I had the same problem with HTC as well.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the Note 2!!