Yahoo mail duplicates

mersh21

Reaction score
I've been having an issue with my yahoo mail on my droid. I set it up properly and it works fine, i get all my emails with no problems. My only issue is like every 2-3 days i get duplicates of the same emails sent to me again that i got 2-3 days ago. They only show up on the phone though. They never show up on the actual web page. Anybody have any ideas?

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
do you get notifications of emails because i set up my yahoo account and eveything but it wont notifiy me of when i get new emails. I have to go to my email and then i see all the emails but it doesnt notify me of new emails. like sometimes it does and then sometimes it doesnt

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
I definitely get the notifications, thats not an issue at all. Just keep getting duplicates of emails i already received and deleted like 2-3 days later.

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
i dont get any notifications of emails like sometimes i do and then sometimes i dont i have advance task manager installed and i end all programs sometimes is that the reason y i dont get notifications when i end the email program?

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
The Task Killer could be a reason why you are not getting any notifications but I'm not 100% sure.

lisaashleyrafter

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I also noticed that when I send email from my device with my yahoo email, for some reason I'll stick like a couple hundred copies of the same message in my "sent" folder. This silly thing has put about 4000 messages in my outbox in the past couple of days. I wish I had an answer for why it works.....but I don't think its related to task killer. I think it has to do with yahoo mail and the droid interface to it (which is a huge kludge).

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
ya wel is it a defect in the phone? is it a bug i dont know if i should return the phone or not becaause of this issue

ci2019

Reaction score
I've been having an issue with my yahoo mail on my droid. I set it up properly and it works fine, i get all my emails with no problems. My only issue is like every 2-3 days i get duplicates of the same emails sent to me again that i got 2-3 days ago. They only show up on the phone though. They never show up on the actual web page. Anybody have any ideas?

No ideas, but has been happening to me too the past couple of weeks.

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
really ya thats they only thing i dont like about the phone right now its really annoying. are they going to fix this? should i return my phone for a new one? does all of them have this problem?

phantrik

Reaction score
I'm having both issues. When I delete an email through the phone it can re-appear later on. If I delete it on a PC then I'm good.

Also when sending via the phone I get spammed with a bunch of duplicate messages in my 'sent' folder, kind of annoying :mad:

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
Can any Senior members help us out please?

Jages16

Reaction score
Would really like to learn more about this issue as I am getting my Droid Thursday and Yahoo is my exclusive e-mail address.

Brian07920

Reaction score
Replicating Sent Mail

If your outgoing set-up is "smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com" using Port 587 (as most of the "how to's" on getting Yahoo Mail to work on the Droid seem to suggest), try switching the Port to "25." That seems to have solved the sent mail problem for me. I'm on Verizon; some of these problems/solutions as times seem carrier-specific.