gmail, hotmail, and yahoo still show messages that I've already moved to folders

jsullivan

Reaction score
I read through the email trouble shooting message before posting this but it doesn't address what is happening on my phone.

My Maxx delivers all my email messages immediately. My problem is the messages still appear on my phone as being in my inbox even after I've moved them to folders and/or deleted them. This is happening with gmail, hotmail, and yahoo. I've hit the refresh circle but it doesn't change anything.

Any ideas?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Do you have them set to delete from server when deleted from phone. I am guessing that if they are not deleted from the server then everytime you refresh they will appear again because it is pulling your email from what is on the server.

OP
jsullivan

jsullivan

Reaction score
Yahoo is set to delete from the phone and used to do so on my Indredible. Hotmail is set to go into a POP folder and used to do so from the Incredible also. Also, all my emails used to stop appearing in my inbox after I'd moved them to folders but now they just keep coming up as being in my Inbox (on the phone).