New Razr Messaging Group App

wareagle46

Reaction score
I really like the concept of the new Messaging app but it isn't working right.

1. My gmail does not update even when I hit refresh it does not sync. example: i had some emails in my inbox and i deleted them but my gmail through messaging app did not update it. The standard gmail icon app DID update.

2. Why do all of my emails in gmail section of Messaging App show up? WHen I open up the standard Gmail icon, all of my emails are in their appropriate folders. It seems that the Gmail app that is inside the Messaging app is not the same. This is so confusing and i dont like it.

Anybody else find a solution to these and or find this frustrating too?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I can't even figure out how to get my gmail into my messaging app!!?? I'd help if I could but I don't use it because GMail is not in there.

Oaklands

Reaction score
Honestly I don't like any stock email apps. I use kaiten on both my thrive and Razr and don't have any problems.

OP
wareagle46

wareagle46

Reaction score
I haven't heard if that app but it looks good, I just wish it was free

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

lowboydrvr

Reaction score
I used K-9 on my HTC Incredible (and still do on my Xoom) but with the Razr, I really liked the messaging app. After adding my twitter, facebook, hotmail, iCloud, and AOL accounts it works like a charm. I like the singe inbox (which is what drove me to K-9 originally). I have never even used the GMail app on my new Razr, just the messaging app.

timsplace0

Reaction score
Having the same issues

I have been searching for this issue and finally found this forum. Im new to Droid, when apple decided to not include 4G with last model I decided that was enough. So far I love the Droid and phone, just this one issue.

On my new Droid RAZR I have the same issue. The gmail app works fine, when an email is deleted online it disappears from the gmail app and vice-vera, its just the gmail inside the Messaging app that does not sync correctly. All the settings are correct to sync, you can manually hit sync, nothing happens. You have to manually delete the mail out of the gmail messaging app and it never syncs with gmail. Everything works fine in the official Gmail app. Ive tried deleting the accounts and re-adding, did factory reset, cleared cache, etc.. nothing helps that sync issue.

An even stranger issue related to this is how each time I remove the gmail and re-add the account in the messaging app, I get an email from Verizon that goes to my exact gmail address, it says something like good news your email account ***@gmail.com is now setup with Verizon Wireless, however that email only goes to the account inside the messaging app not my gmail online.

O well Ill keep checking in case someone figures this out, I still love the phone and droid but I like the messaging app and it works GREAT with my AKO email and other emails.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I finally figured out what I was doing wrong to get the gmail on this app. It was working for a while, now it has just stopped syncing.

volunteers27

Reaction score
Email sync issues

I had issues with my Yahoo account not syncing. On another string forum it said to DO NOT set up the account as Yahoo, but to set it up as "other account". Corporate email and now my yahoo account sync perfectly now.
Settings>Accounts>Add Account>Email Accounts>Other........follow instructions from there. You will need to delete current account first before adding back in like this.

lowboydrvr

Reaction score
I have seen similar reports about gmail using the messaging app. Others have stated to setup the gmail account as an IMAP account (not using the default POP setting). It seems a few people have reported that the syncing issues cleared up after doing this.