Got Oreo on my z2 force

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Strange. Unlocked a few times after that.

In defense of dude, it probably is a phone thing. Like I tried to say, poorly, earlier is there is no security setting to block voice from unlocking. I can demand a passcode, but not much else.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
- Removed Home from Trusted Places
- Turned off facial
- Disconnected Watch
- Turned off body detection
- Locked phone with fingerprint
- Checked to ensure phone was locked: check
- "OK, Google” Phone woke up, unlocked and Goog was waiting for me to say something.

Also, as the phone admin in my office I require passcodes. That's it. There are no settings anywhere for me to say "user must use fingerprint".

So I have no clue what's up with your phone, bro.

Ok seems I give in it seems like weirdness to me that hands free calling with ok now would be blocked by some unknown policy but you can make calls from blue tooth. If calls are permitted it should be a standard that the should be allowed via dialing from keypad and Bluetooth and voice. Also voice assisted navigation controllell would be useful if your screen locks and you want to ask Google maps how to get somewhere.

I still stick by what seems to be that some phones interpret polices differently and I have never seen a policy that says don't allow hands free calling etc so it's either a policy put in place by the phone manufacturer based on an applied admin policy it receives and a combination of Android version

It's a an annoying mystery

Have a good night cheers till my next thing I find that irks me about cell phones and trying to find the configuration that works the best

Despite all my rambling I still think the z2 force is the best phone Ive ever had yet can't beat that I've used it all day without charging and it still says 1 day of battery left. I think Oreo even increased the z2 force battery time which was awesome already

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree on battery. But now I'm stymied and am going to have to figure this out. Only if your company runs Gsuite can this granular security be added.
I tried it a few more times and it worked fine. Only once was I told to unlock it first.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP, are you by any chance using Nova launcher?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
OP, are you by any chance using Nova launcher?

I am using nova launcher but I don't think that's it what do you suspect about nova launcher
When I check android settings there is an info button that says hands free and facial recognition blocked by admin policy applied by native email client. Seems like if you a secure email it locks the lock screen with this extra security but I wish it didn't consider hands free calling and navigation a security risk as I feel that's a step backwards. Conversely iPhone x face I'd works with the same secure email policy, so Android and or Moto or the Google email client seems more restrictive. And I believe there are some other models of Android phones that behave differently which is why it seems like there isn't a common interpretation of phone lock down policies accross os and vendors that is uniform.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I mention it because I use Nova and have noticed the same thing.
Have you tried uninstalling Nova and going stock to see if it solves your problem? (I haven't... Not a big deal for me.)

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I mention it because I use Nova and have noticed the same thing.
Have you tried uninstalling Nova and going stock to see if it solves your problem? (I haven't... Not a big deal for me.)

you should not have to uninstall, you should be able to change your default launcher to test.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That "blocked by Admin policy..." is the same thing I see on my work phone. A different Launcher is probably not going to change that. Your company probably uses something like Touchdown & Mobile Iron, which is what we use. Once you agree to use the companies apps for work email you are stuck with their security policies, regardless of which Launcher is installed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
That "blocked by Admin policy..." is the same thing I see on my work phone. A different Launcher is probably not going to change that. Your company probably uses something like Touchdown & Mobile Iron, which is what we use. Once you agree to use the companies apps for work email you are stuck with their security policies, regardless of which Launcher is installed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I think it's how Google or the vendor interprets the email policy. I have not yet seen a setting for allow or block Google voice or hands free etc I think if it's a generic lock phone policy then it assumes lock hands free on Android but not Apple devices as iPhone 10 still works with face I'd and I believe Siri hands free

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Google keeps asking for cloud print permission on Oreo every reboot and I keep clicking deny is there any way to get the deny to stick?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
When I get a Snapchat video I have to unlock phone and u'll down notification shade to answer if I get a regular call I can just click green answer call I wish the could. Add allow to be on home screen for apps when locked options

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think it's how Google or the vendor interprets the email policy. I have not yet seen a setting for allow or block Google voice or hands free etc I think if it's a generic lock phone policy then it assumes lock hands free on Android but not Apple devices as iPhone 10 still works with face I'd and I believe Siri hands free

Connected Devices > Printing. Is it listed there?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Connected Devices > Printing. Is it listed there?

Thanks I just turned off cloud print there is also something called default print neither listed my printer . Is default print local wifi printing?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Thanks I just turned off cloud print there is also something called default print neither listed my printer . Is default print local wifi printing?

Not sure. I've never used it. I've only ever used Cloud Print. I don't anymore and haven't in awhile. I just don't ever really have a need.