Google Shares More on Android Wear; LG, Samsung and Motorola Coming

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-wear-google-io-1.jpg

Google shared more details on their new Android Wear platform. Here's an overview of features they described for the OS:

• Swiping up and down allows you to move between notifications, while some notifications can have additional information which is accessed by swiping to the right - Also, when you swipe to dismiss a notification on your watch it will also vanish from your phone’s lock screen
  • Pressing and holding on the screen of your Android Wear device lets you change the watch face, and there are several options to choose
  • Using Google Now, you can speak to the device to set reminders. You can even set reminders based upon location and have the watch remind you of something when it detects you are home.
  • You can also use Google search from the watch and take notes, (the function needs some work though as it hiccuped at the event)
  • When receiving a call, a green half-circle pops up on the side of the screen and you can swipe to answer - alternatively, if you want to ignore the call the Android Wear device features a do-not-disturb mode, which can be activated by swiping down.
  • There are more voice commands, like “play some music,” - this will play a song on your phone, even though the controls appear on the wearable device
  • You can also display a QR boarding pass at airports to avoid annoying paper ones
  • Some Android Wear devices will include a heart-rate monitor, and all of them will have a step counter.
  • The Eat24 app has been seamlessly integrated into Android Wear, and any app that you download on your phone will be automatically installed and updated on your wearable device
On top of these intriguing Android Wear features, the following devices were announced by Google:

LG G Watch Android Wear smartwatch - will be available later today on the Google Play Store
Samsung Gear Live Android Wear smartwatch - will be available later today on the Google Play Store
Moto 360 Android Wear smartwatch - will be available later this summer

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
tough decision, do i go lg or samsung today or wait for motorola?

Hmmm ....well I like to look of Moto 360 much better than the other 2.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I was set to pull the trigger today, but I'm gonna wait for the 360.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LG G Watch hands-on: [video=youtube_share;SU2wIeYE9CA]http://youtu.be/SU2wIeYE9CA[/video]

There is the video

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2