Got my ZeroLemon Extended Battery (8500)

jc76

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
When I got my s5 last week I could not believe how horrible the battery life was. I don't watch videos, don't play much music, and the phone was going down to 60-70% within 3 hours after full charge. So I ordered the ZeroLemon "Brick." I'm only on day 2 but I can say I'm 100% satisfied so far. 10 hours into the day and I'm over 90% still and I haven't done the full 6 charges yet that ZL recommends. I suspect once the 6 charges are done It will last even longer.
I was worried about the bulk because this is a HUGE battery, but the case is very solid and feels perfect in my hand. The phone isn't slippery anymore and just feels really solid now. If I have any problems with this new battery I'll come back and post.
Anyone else have this battery?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm surprised you've experienced poor battery life on your S5. Mines over 1 1/2 old and it still gets me through the day on a single charge. 13-14 hrs with heavy use and averaging at least 5 hours screen on time. I imagine your device immediately updated to lollipop when you activated it. Many of the folks on our S5 sister site experienced poor battery life & various other issues after this update. They were able to resolve them after a factory data reset which is what I would suggest
Good luck & congrats on your new device!

S5 tap'n

OP
jc76

jc76

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I'm surprised you've experienced poor battery life on your S5. Mines over 1 1/2 old and it still gets me through the day on a single charge. 13-14 hrs with heavy use and averaging at least 5 hours screen on time. I imagine your device immediately updated to lollipop when you activated it. Many of the folks on our S5 sister site experienced poor battery life & various other issues after this update. They were able to resolve them after a factory data reset which is what I would suggest
Good luck & congrats on your new device!

S5 tap'n
Thanks I love this phone! Well, I'll admit I know nothing of tech talk so I don't even know what lollipop is but I hear people talk about it. I think even if the battery did last I would prefer this brick. It's heavier now with the battery and big case and just feels perfect whereas, for me anyways, the phone is too slim and slippery.