Google Starts Rolling Out Gmail 5.0 to Android 4.0+ Devices

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
ALRIGHT. HELP!?

How can I forward an email on to a group? I've got the group that I want to send this on to setup in my gmail contacts as well as directly on the phone, but there's no option to bring up the contacts app to select the group and if I start typing the group name, nothing comes up.

I could forward emails to fellow board members from the stock email app, but can't find out how to do it in gmail, whether from that specific pop3 account, or from my actual gmail account.

Anyone know anything? I've got a time-sensitive email that I need to forward on.

I have never found a way to do that from my phone (maybe somebody else does know how though). But you can do it from a PC. Open your G Mail Contacts & select the Group, then there is an E Mail icon on the toolbar to compose a new message to the entire group. EDIT: select the Group, then select the "ALL" check box...then the envelope icon shows up to compose a new message.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have never found a way to do that from my phone (maybe somebody else does know how though). But you can do it from a PC. Open your G Mail Contacts & select the Group, then there is an E Mail icon on the toolbar to compose a new message to the entire group. EDIT: select the Group, then select the "ALL" check box...then the envelope icon shows up to compose a new message.
Yeah. I did an all out Google instead of trying to find it in the forum. TONS of posts with people asking how and finding out you can't do it.

Think I might have to resort to putting that address back in the "email" app, because I know I could do it there.

There are only 6 people in the group, so I just started typing each name one by one. NOT the way it should be done, but it worked for now.

Trouble is, that's the webmaster account for the website for our local community theatre, so I do a lot of forwarding things on to the rest of the board when I don't know the answer or am not the one who deals with that aspect of our business.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah. I did an all out Google instead of trying to find it in the forum. TONS of posts with people asking how and finding out you can't do it.

Think I might have to resort to putting that address back in the "email" app, because I know I could do it there.

There are only 6 people in the group, so I just started typing each name one by one. NOT the way it should be done, but it worked for now.

Trouble is, that's the webmaster account for the website for our local community theatre, so I do a lot of forwarding things on to the rest of the board when I don't know the answer or am not the one who deals with that aspect of our business.
You would think that if the option was available on the Google Contacts screen on a PC that they could incorporate an "E Mail This Group" type of option on the phone's Contact / People app if your contacts are synced with your Google account. Maybe someday?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You would think that if the option was available on the Google Contacts screen on a PC that they could incorporate an "E Mail This Group" type of option on the phone's Contact / People app if your contacts are synced with your Google account. Maybe someday?
Like I said, the stock "email" app has an icon you can tap to bring up your contacts. From there, you can navigate to groups and select the group.

Super simple.

C'mon gmail!