Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, thats one of the few features my wife's Apple Watch has that I didn't. She can still pull up all of her emails and a calendar as well...some day we'll get those as well i'm sure. :)
You can pull up your agenda. I don't care to have a full calendar myself. Emails either, for that matter. I don't do/get many quick, short emails though.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can pull up your agenda. I don't care to have a full calendar myself. Emails either, for that matter. I don't do/get many quick, short emails though.
Do you have a separate simple calendar capability? Maybe a separate app for it?
If I don't dismiss my gmail stuff they stay on the watch but I usually delete or reply right away then dismiss. Screen is too small for me bother with serious email stuff initiating.
I might have miswritten before. On the Fit I have an app that loads the entire text conversation, whether done on phone or watch, but on the S it'll show the entire conversation that was done on the watch. Hope that makes sense. I'd really like it if the S imported the entire conversation like the Fit does. Does the new update import your entire conversation, even if done on the phone?
Edit. I just found an app on the Samsung Gear Store that imports my entire text conversations to my watch. And it's standalone capable using the phones number instead of the watch. And it was free. I now get to do what your update added today. Cool stuff this smartwatch thing!

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

Conechaser

Reaction score
Yes, after the update you have Hangouts listed as an app on the watch and it pulls up all of your texts by contact/last received. You can then scroll to the text chain you want and tap it and then read all of the texts sent to/from that contact.

Conechaser

Reaction score

Yeah, sometimes though when I don't have my phone in my pocket I need to see when a date is or something to that effect and it'd be nice to just be able to pull up a small monthly calendar to see future dates. Obviously not a deal breaker or anything, just something that occasionally I've been like 'That'd be nice to have right now'. Emails I usually just swipe away or delete right away, thought I do wish when I swiped them away it would mark them as read.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes though when I don't have my phone in my pocket I need to see when a date is or something to that effect and it'd be nice to just be able to pull up a small monthly calendar to see future dates. Obviously not a deal breaker or anything, just something that occasionally I've been like 'That'd be nice to have right now'. Emails I usually just swipe away or delete right away, thought I do wish when I swiped them away it would mark them as read.
Is there a calendar only app for AW watches?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anybody that uses Hangouts for texting having issues with MMS messages? Got a group text last night & had to switch back to textra because hangouts wouldn't download it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes it does give me hangouts on the watch that actually works now. I'm happy to use it and now I'm going to move to hangouts for other texting purposes.

Sent from my X98 Air 3G(C5J6) using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
True.

Sent from my X98 Air 3G(C5J6) using Tapatalk