Google Officially Announced Android 5.0 Lollipop Pushing Out to Older Nexus Devices Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-5-lollipop-material-design.png

The Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout has officially kicked off today. This is according to Google themselves who posted on the Android Blog. Of course, the UI has been tweaked with Google's new "Material Design" language which they have been touting for months. There are quite a few more tweaks and enhancements beyond that though, including improvements to Gmail, Google Calendar and more.

The OTA push will be rolling out in waves to various users. Google didn't specify which devices would start getting the new Android OS first, but we will keep you updated. Please post in this thread as soon as you see any hints of Lollipop on your hardware.

Source: AndroidBlog

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wonder if my first generation Nexus 7 will get this.

I keep hitting update and nothing...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just need them to release the factory images and I will take care of the rest myself :D .

I like how you think sir!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Xparent Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

riko540

Reaction score
Wonder if my first generation Nexus 7 will get this.

I keep hitting update and nothing...

From what I understand Google said that the first gen Nexus 7 would get Lollipop. I'm not totally surprised the specs should allow it to run without too much issue. Technically all the Nexus phones are capable of running lollipop.