Google is Offering a Project Fi Instant Invite to Anyone Who Signs Up Within the Next 24 Hours

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-project-fi-instant-invite-tweet.png

Google has a hot new offer that might be worth your time. They are offering up an instant Project Fi invite for anyone who wants to sign up today. They will only be offering this for the next 24 hours (starting at 9:43am this morning - unsure of what timezone that is). Google indicated they are doing this in "celebration of" the Nexus 5X shipping out.

In case you missed out on an invite, now might be your chance. For those who missed it, Project Fi is Google's MVNO carrier service, which can basically replace your existing carrier, if you live in an area covered by Project Fi (which is most of the country). Project Fi uses both the T-Mobile and Sprint networks in conjunction for their cell and data coverage.

The service is only $20 per month for unlimited calls and texts. It is also, $10 per month for each 1GB of data. That means if you want 3GB of data and unlimited talk and text it is just $50 er month before taxes and fees. It's also worth noting that Google will pay you back for unused data. If you sign up for a 2GB account, but only use 1GB of data, then your bill will reflect the lower price each month. That way, you only pay for the data you use.

The only other negative of the service is that it only works with a Motorola Nexus 6 or one of the two new Nexus devices: the Nexus 6P or the4 Nexus 5X.

One of our HQ staff members has the service and it has been phenomenal for him, even on his infrequent trips to Canada. Here's the link for those who want to jump on this right away: goo.gl/S0Ohyv

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think I will be. Verizon has drained enough money from me.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I burn through 3gb of data in a day. Seems Project Fi is finally in my area, but 10 miles out of town or 10-15 miles East or West on either side of I-15 from Montana to SLC it drops to 2G. Verizon it is for me. $40 extra a month for 2 UDPs is still worth it. I'll happily be one of the few remaining grandfathered users left. Once this price hike knocks out this next batch of customers, there will be so few of us left, they won't even bother to pursue UDPs any further.

S5 tap'n

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Wow, 90 gb/mo vzw must hate you :p
That's what $900.00/mo. Ya UDP only way for you

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Obviously that was a slight exaggeration, but I do use a lot. They don't hate me though. The last few times I've been in the store they tell me to stick with my UDP. So yeah, it's nice that I don't have to listen to them try and sell me on a different plan everytime I go in the store to buy an accessory. That gets old!

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Fi, is a great deal. I would jump on it if I lived in the US.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I burn through 3gb of data in a day. Seems Project Fi is finally in my area, but 10 miles out of town or 10-15 miles East or West on either side of I-15 from Montana to SLC it drops to 2G. Verizon it is for me. $40 extra a month for 2 UDPs is still worth it. I'll happily be one of the few remaining grandfathered users left. Once this price hike knocks out this next batch of customers, there will be so few of us left, they won't even bother to pursue UDPs any further.

S5 tap'n
So far this billing cycle I've used 4GB. 1.5 of that was Sunday when I streamed the Browns game to a TV on the lake. I think I may go with your option and just use data as I see fit and not worry.

Reactions: cr6