Google is Offering Project Fi Users a Replacement Nexus 6 for Only $100

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
project-fi-nexus6-unboxing-small.jpg

Google is looking to take care of their existing Project Fi customers in a remarkable way. Customers of Project Fi who purchased a Motorola Nexus 6 during the Project Fi setup service can get a replacement Nexus 6 for only $100 bucks.

This service is obviously meant as a pseudo-insurance for customers who have accidentally damaged their Nexus 6, but Google is actually very lenient on how they implement the replacement. The offer is available as a one-time $100 replacement within a year of purchase, with no questions asked.

Obviously, to maximize the effectiveness of this offer you will want to wait as long as possible before taking advantage of it, but when you are ready, all that is required is a call, chat or email with Project Fi support, and they send you a replacement. Impressive!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
WOW, that's cool! If I'm reading this right, you can wind up with 2 N6s and will have paid only $100 for the second one?

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I'm assuming the n6 that Is being replaced would be sent back once the new n6 is received? I'm still waiting for my project fi welcome email.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4 from my couch in Portland, Oregon

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That what I gathered from the OP as well @bigmatt503 . A "replacement" device has always meant that you would return the old one in every other scenario with every other carrier/manufacturer. I can't imagine they would give you another device for $100 without requiring you to return the other, in this pseudo insurance type situation.
But then I've been known to misread an OP or two before, so there's that...

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That what I gathered from the OP as well @bigmatt503 . A "replacement" device has always meant that you would return the old one in every other scenario with every other carrier/manufacturer. I can't imagine they would give you another device for $100 without requiring you to return the other, in this pseudo insurance type situation.
But then I've been known to misread an OP or two before, so there's that...

S5 tap'n

I'm assuming the n6 that Is being replaced would be sent back once the new n6 is received? I'm still waiting for my project fi welcome email.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4 from my couch in Portland, Oregon
Ok, I guess was reading through rose colored glasses. The comment of being extremely lenient in the rules caused me to jump to conclusions. My bad.