Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Reaction to title: OMG FINALLY!!!!
Reaction to ICS only: :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Kboss375

Reaction score
Does it currently not support flash? Going to NHL.com on my tablet does not play videos.
Disappointing because I really like how fast this is so far.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm fooling around with it on my Xoom. Good stuff!

However, there's no way to keep some websites from defaulting to the crappy mobile version. NPR does it whenever you select a story. I friggin' HATE that.

thisiswang

Reaction score
there is no desktop or full browser mode... which seems somewhat unacceptable for todays phones and tablets

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You search for "chrome beta" in the market, first result.

there is no desktop or full browser mode... which seems somewhat unacceptable for todays phones and tablets

All my sites are letting me access the desktop modes.

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Going back to Boat Browser for the time being.

thisiswang

Reaction score
You search for "chrome beta" in the market, first result.

All my sites are letting me access the desktop modes.

some sites give you the option to switch to full site but it should be built into the browser IMHO

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Last edited:

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
some sites give you the option to switch to full site but it should be built into the browser IMHO

The only way to do that is to fudge the HTTP_USER_AGENT string and fool the site into detecting you're using a desktop vs. a mobile browser. Outside of that, all sites implement mobile detection differently, so it is never a "one size fits all" option and won't work 100% of the time. In this Chrome beta, I could see having a button that would send the standard mobile user agent string to the site, or allow you to switch to the desktop Chrome user agent string. That's about the best any browser could do, actually.

djsiva

Reaction score
The only way to do that is to fudge the HTTP_USER_AGENT string and fool the site into detecting you're using a desktop vs. a mobile browser. Outside of that, all sites implement mobile detection differently, so it is never a "one size fits all" option and won't work 100% of the time. In this Chrome beta, I could see having a button that would send the standard mobile user agent string to the site, or allow you to switch to the desktop Chrome user agent string. That's about the best any browser could do, actually.

Many other browsers already give you the option to place the browser in desktop mode full time. I'm sure it will eventually make it's way into Chrome.