Cool Animation Easter Egg can be Found in Google Chrome for Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
chrome-droid-300x300.jpg

For those lucky enough to own an Ice Cream Sandwich device and have installed Google Chrome on it, you may be interested in a cool Easter Egg that can be found within the browser on ICS. It's a slick little animation that is worth checking out. Here's an instruction breakdown to get "find it" on your device:
  1. Pop open Chrome
  2. Navigate to the “Tabs” screen
  3. Flick up through the open tabs (about five times)
It is possible that there are even more Easter eggs available, but they haven't been found/shared yet. If you guys do some digging and find anything, sound off to the rest of us.

Source: Phandroid and Google+ - Andrew Neal

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Ahh... That's awesome.

I wouldn't consider this an easter egg, but if anyone hasn't discovered this, you can switch tabs by swiping from the very edge of the screen to the side. Took me a while to figure that one out.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Awesome! I love the new format for the tabs in Chrome.

Also like that you can enable an option to physically fling the phone up or down to go through them! It is in settings->Developer tools->Enable tilt scrolling. Obviously this isn't an easter egg or something hard to find, but perhaps some might not venture into that menu and will miss out on the feature.

Kershaw

Reaction score
Also if you get up to 100 tabs, your tab count at the top turns to a smiley face. Seen this in a comment on droid-life.com and tried it out.

mikespe

Reaction score
What is the "tabs" screen? I have ICS running on my Acer Iconia A500 tablet...I see no option for a "tabs" screen?

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Is it just the tab window doing a barrel roll? i don't really understand how to do it. I go to my tabs, and flick up, and the tab list does a back flip or whatever.