Google Chrome For Android Beta Available Now

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
once i disconnected my account from my computer, logged out, then resigned in and connected it appeared and now my tabs sync like advertised :biggrin:.

cleevis

Reaction score
Wow, this is really fast. my signal is week in my house and most pages take some time to show up. Not with chrome. I can't wait to use it under better conditions. The few sites I tried loaded faster than when in strong areas.

chayes627

Reaction score
everything shows up on the web page as white. takes the time to load but just white. d3 with ics.

ps. i downloaded it fine right from market

Reaction score
same speed as the stock, and a complete lack of features (i find the tilt tab thing useless since i use firefox on my pc). can't import bookmarks or even set a home page. probably be uninstalling it tomorrow and going back to stock. :D

Last edited:
OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Does it currently not support flash? Going to NHL.com on my tablet does not play videos.
Disappointing because I really like how fast this is so far.

Negative no flash support

Sent from Droid RAZR

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Works great for me on my nexus and my prime. I don't care about flash so this might be my daily browser. I'm sure its gonna get better with every update

NoBloatware

Reaction score
If they had just taken the stock Browser app and added 1) easy to switch tabs like Dolphin and 2) a user agent setting that stays put between sessions then it would be all I would personally need. They've apparently failed to add either of these features so I'm not interested in this app.

TSXXX

Reaction score
If they had just taken the stock Browser app and added 1) easy to switch tabs like Dolphin and 2) a user agent setting that stays put between sessions then it would be all I would personally need. They've apparently failed to add either of these features so I'm not interested in this app.

Its still in beta so obviously these things could be added in future updates.

Sent from my GummyNex

Big Ry

Reaction score
its a tad quicker than stock...otherwise its very similar to stock IMO. I haven't left Mozilla yet on my laptop, so there's not a ton of incentive to have chrome on my phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reaction score
i just noticed flash actually seems to work. i have animated spam ads showing on websites.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
It is easy to switch between tabs. Can even use motion to switch.

I overly simplified by saying easy tab switching. I meant desktop-like tabs. I want to see the tabs I have open without going to a different menu. I want to be able to go to any specific tab without scrolling through other tabs and having to search. I want to be able to close tabs easily. Dolphin HD does it perfectly fine, for example. I don't want some fancy mobile interface. I want the tried and true desktop interface when it comes to tabbed browsing.