good "dry app" screen protectors?

thehogsters

Reaction score
After reading all the glowing reviews on the skinomi screen protector I got one. I have never had a wet app protector so did not know what to expect. Sorry but I just hate it. The screen has a sticky feel to it imo and very hard to keep clean. Also I have small dings and scratchs all over. No more wet app screen protectors for me. Any input on a good dry app would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bishoy

Reaction score
Well, how long have you had it on? It usually takes a day or two for it to completely dry up and harden, however, some even say up to one week. I have one on my phone and the stickiness and screen clarity improved over the course of a few days and now I sometimes forget its even there. Just give it a chance, its a wonderful investment

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

skaman9876

Reaction score
I bought a pack from verizon just out of laziness, and wanting the screen protected on day of purchase and I must say they did a phenomenal job on the Gnex. it should be what your looking for, dry application covers just about the whole seen with cutout fit speaker, sensor, and camera. They left the very edge of the phone unprotected but likely on purpose for everyone putting cars in the phone so it won't cause the protector to bubble. It is also very smooth especially with Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I bought a pack from verizon just out of laziness, and wanting the screen protected on day of purchase and I must say they did a phenomenal job on the Gnex. it should be what your looking for, dry application covers just about the whole seen with cutout fit speaker, sensor, and camera. They left the very edge of the phone unprotected but likely on purpose for everyone putting cars in the phone so it won't cause the protector to bubble. It is also very smooth especially with Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Did you have them put it on? My buddy had the same thing on his D1 and when I used it I didn't even know he had it on. He mentioned it and I had to look close to even see the edges. I may go in and have them put one on for me and see what I think.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
SGP ultra oleophobic.

Hands down one of the best screen protectors I've used. Fingerprints only show a bit and wipe off extremely easily. When the screen is on the quality of the screen isn't sacrificed. My fingers don't get stuck when navigating either especially after sports when hands are normally a bit sweaty. Very easy install and very durable. I've always spoke highly of sgp products and once again they don't disappoint

skaman9876

Reaction score
Absolutely I have one guy I always deal with at my local verizon store and he is a pro at putting these things on...always comes out flawless without any dust and perfectly aligned.

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ice456789

Reaction score
I've gotta say I'm actually stunned at how good the protector is that came with my diztronic case. I haven't used a screen protector since I had my LG Dare (and that was terrible and came off immediately) and would never have purchased one based on that bad experience. But since this one was free I thought why not. I didn't read the directions and had no experience with them. I wiped the phone off with the included cloth, removed the protective peel from the screen protector (protect-ception??) and just aligned it to the top of the screen. As soon as I touched it to the screen it just sucked itself right down. First try, 2 bubbles that came out really easily with a credit card. 10 seconds later it's perfect and you'd have no idea it was there unless you were looking for it.

I'm not sure how much 'protection' these things really provide, but since it feels and looks as if its not there (and since I paid the low low price of free) I'm pretty freaking happy with it.

Last edited:

PhiQuanTu

Reaction score
Please do yourself a favor by going to a local Verizon store and pick up their crystal clear (not anti-glare) screen protector. Trust me, Verizon doesn't just blindly choose any type of protector to sell.