Best nexus protection

skyshadow

Reaction score
I'm looking for a screen protector that will guard the screen from scratches while still feeling like the screen and also not leaving fingerprint and oil marks on the screen. I just applied the zagg screen protector and so far I hate it. Anyone use the zagg before and have any experience with it, or should I look for another kind? I heard skinomi is good and the carbon fiber looks nice......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Also I wanted to mention that zagg has a real rubbery feel to it. Does that go away or stay?

gthotie5

Reaction score
The feel of zagg stays.
Skinomi is really good if you can install it perfectly without dust getting stuck under the protector a lot less fingerprints but it feels like zagg(the version I got was the wet install). I couldn't install it without getting dust under it so I gave up.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Buy a matte screen protector on eBay or amazon for couple bucks. Don't pay for overpriced "brand name" protectors. They are all made in same factories in china.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I've had the Zag on my charge since day 1. It is extremely frustrating for the first few weeks. My finger would studder as apposed to sliding, but now it feels good. The eggshell appearance on the other hand doesn't go away. The extra protection of the Zag was just what I needed since I used the phone on construction sites. I was about to remove it but got a Nexus and am not going with Zag this time.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
So your saying the zagg gets better? I put it on like 12 hours ago and it still has bubbles

rydeordie164

Reaction score
So your saying the zagg gets better? I put it on like 12 hours ago and it still has bubbles

Yes, the Zagg gets MUCH better. That rubber like feeling will go away after a week or 2. I had Best Buy put mine on, so it came out flawless. I currently have the Otter Box COMMUTER + Zagg invisishield...and I feel I have found the perfect combo for protection. I am loving it. Not weighing down my pockets, but gonna protect my phone when my clumsy a** drops it. This is all with the extended battery too....

Edit: Maybe have a "professional" from BB install it. Mine came out flawless. It only cost $7, they have extra tools, and will stand behind it. Staples will do it as well...for free..however they don't have the extra tools, just what comes in the package.

808phoneaddict

Reaction score
I've gotten the VZW antiglare screen protector, which in my opinion is pretty good... ive never had a a screen protector, always went naked in the past... i guess the screen looks a little worse than before I had it on...outdoors and in the sun however works pretty well and I like the feel to it... im interested in hearing others opinions on this especially those that have used and can compare with the verizon one, since that's all I have to compare too...

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!