Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Nexus - $3.39 on Amazon

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Went on easy, just as advertised - came with the spray, cloth, and card but I made due without the card - looked fuzzy at first but after a12h cure its crystal clear, feels a little rubbery but I'm very satisfied with the product and the purchase

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Same results here. I like it and for the price, you can't beat it.

ice456789

Reaction score
Ok wait... after I apply it I can't touch my phone for 12 hours!?!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use a Skinomi Skin on my Droid 2 and love it. If you buy them directly from the sight you also get unlimited replacements for the cost of shipping if you end up needing it, which comes to about $2 if necessary. If you can get them on Amazon for four bucks though you definitely can't pass it up.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ok wait... after I apply it I can't touch my phone for 12 hours!?!

That's what they say but you don't have to wait that long... I applied mine before bed and turned it back on in the morning.

All the wet spots should dissapear within 12-20 hrs...

anhanymouse

Reaction score
I had this on my 2 yr OG Droid. Not a scratch after two years. A tiny bit of the top left corner is just starting to peel. It was super clear after you properly cured. It does give the screen a "rubbery" feel but the touch response was still exceptional. I'll be getting it for my nexus as well.

Edit: oh the only was it made looking at the screen at extreme angles difficult but that could have been due to the OG's screen since I had it on since release.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also you don't have to even wait overnight to use your phone. I wait about ten minutes and then I'm golden. To each his own though.

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Here's my little review.

I got the skinomi kit that comes with the "carbon fiber" skin for the whole phone. I work in a very dusty/sandy environment and needed a way to keep sand from scratching up the plastic of the phone when it gets stuck in between the verizon case and holster I am using (Being a Nexus It should still be worth a little bit by the time I can upgrade again so I want to try to keep it looking good) so the skinomi skin stuff looked like it might work and still allow me to use any case I wanted.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with it, the installation takes some time/patience and a heat gun is needed (hair dryer would work in a pinch). It fits better than I expected and the stuff can be massaged into place once you heat it up and activate the adhesive. It's forgiving enough that you can pull it off and reposition numerous times as long as you don't heat it and once heated you can smooth out the few wrinkles in the corners pretty effectively...the heat also activates the adhesive which ,at least initially, seems to hold very well...Only time will tell how well the edges stay down long term.
It does a good job of looking and feeling like uncured woven carbon fiber cloth and the gaps where you can still see the gray plastic of the gnexus are small enough that it doesn't end up looking like a sticker applied to the phone unless you look closely at it.

I also applied the skinomi wet application screen protector tonight...it looks hazy and a bit of an eggshell surface at the moment so hopefully it clears up and smooths out over night as it has for others in this thread. It is larger than the screen protector I got from verizon so it leaves very little gap all the way around the edge of the screen, 0.5mm at most all the way around vs the 2 or 3mm in spots with the verizon protector which was driving me nuts, plus it was bubbling a bit at the bottom because of the curve in the glass I assume so a wet application protector seems the only way to go on the gnexus.

Here's some pics from different angles.

back-Gnexus.jpg

topbottom-gnexus.jpg

topback-gnexus.jpg

sideback-gnexus.jpg

sideup-gnexus.jpg

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks for the review and pics! Looks cool! dancedroid

kristinz84

Reaction score
Disappointed. As soon as I slid the little plastic piece that comes with the screen protector to squeegee out the fluid I got tons of scratches on it. It looks awful right now, I applied it about 5 hours ago so I'm nervous.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Disappointed. As soon as I slid the little plastic piece that comes with the screen protector to squeegee out the fluid I got tons of scratches on it. It looks awful right now, I applied it about 5 hours ago so I'm nervous.

Those should go away. Mine did. Take the cloth it came with and buff it out with that. It will look amazing once it competely dries too...

DawsonMobley

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm not real happy about the screen protector right now either...it just can't resist scratching like the dry application ones can...mine has a big arcing gouge/scratch in it where the corner of a piece of lumber rubbed across the face through my jean pocket...it would not have scratched a dry application protector. I have also started to notice some small water spots all over the screen under the screen protector....I only used the spray solution they include to install it so I don't know why it left the residue when it dried?

The skinomi carbon fiber look protector for the rest of the phone is working out ideally though, no peeling edges yet and looks nice to boot.

kristinz84

Reaction score
Those should go away. Mine did. Take the cloth it came with and buff it out with that. It will look amazing once it competely dries too...

Did you wait 24 hours?

Yeah, I'm not real happy about the screen protector right now either...it just can't resist scratching like the dry application ones can...mine has a big arcing gouge/scratch in it where the corner of a piece of lumber rubbed across the face through my jean pocket...it would not have scratched a dry application protector. I have also started to notice some small water spots all over the screen under the screen protector....I only used the spray solution they include to install it so I don't know why it left the residue when it dried?

The skinomi carbon fiber look protector for the rest of the phone is working out ideally though, no peeling edges yet and looks nice to boot.

I like the carbon fiber too. How long have you had yours and did you wait 24 hours?