going from Droid to Droid X

acetwo

Reaction score
Bought my Droid in Dec of 09.. thinking about buying droid X at full retail..

question is.. is it worth it? i love the large screen and the design of it. But hate the fact that droid x came out not even 1 year into droid's release

how long will droid x last? :icon_ banana:

JMaz89

Reaction score
I don't know how long my DX will last, probably til it gets in a fight with some water like my droid did. Personally I think the DX is gonna stay king through Christmas. Then quickly be replaced with something better and LTE. Pure speculation on my part

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I also came from the D1 (got on release) to a the X (got on release) - I wouldn't go back for anything and I actually see me hanging onto the X for a while...the screen, the speed, it is all amazing.

I believe they have already gave an "end of life" for the X - but it is going to be like that with any phone - cause the technology is advancing so fast. I to think the X will stay atop for a while but yes it will be replaced and we will move on to something else.

If you get the X, check out the sister site at www.droidxforums.com - they gave us our own site :)...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bought my Droid in Dec of 09.. thinking about buying droid X at full retail..

question is.. is it worth it? i love the large screen and the design of it. But hate the fact that droid x came out not even 1 year into droid's release

how long will droid x last? :icon_ banana:

Before you go doing something like that try this: Call Verizon and tell them just what you told us. You really like the X and feel that your Droid is unsatisfactory compared to it. What they may do is offer you an early upgrade. You will take a one year extension on your contract and pay probably 300.00. That's cheaper then full price.

If the first person you talk to says no, call back and try again. I did that and was successful when I went from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2. I ended up taking the Storm 2 back in the 30 day period and got the Droid instead.

OP
A

acetwo

Reaction score
anyone think iphone will come to verizon?

OP
A

acetwo

Reaction score
verizon gave me an early upgrade option and bought the phone!