GO Sms

crackedvenom

Reaction score
There is a new app out that is pretty great if i may say so. Its called GO Sms. Its still kind of beta but works pretty great. There are a lot of customizable options, a little similar to Handcent but still great. It also has 5 themes. You can see here, im using the new years theme. There is also a pop up window which you can see in the screenshots. If you try it out, leave a comment. Features are constantly being added. also, its FREE

Let me know if the screenshots are too big. i have a bigger resolution so its fits perfect

P.s. I am not the dev. I just found this app and wanted to share with the community

246rneq.png
5kr1id.png

Last edited:
OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Theres also a christmas theme, iphone (lame, lol), and a dark theme. Im not going to post them all right now though.

34yqmfp.png
2drwcpc.png

2qbd3t5.png
14kfqpu.png

Last edited:

rmart88

Reaction score
i do have it downloaded, but im sticking with handcent for now. While Go SMS seems lighter and quicker than handcent, im not a fan of the themes... id rather be able to pick my own colors and whatnot, as i can in handcent. But i am keeping an eye on this app! checking out after every update, hope to switch to it soon! Also doing the same with Go Launcher.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
i do have it downloaded, but im sticking with handcent for now. While Go SMS seems lighter and quicker than handcent, im not a fan of the themes... id rather be able to pick my own colors and whatnot, as i can in handcent. But i am keeping an eye on this app! checking out after every update, hope to switch to it soon! Also doing the same with Go Launcher.

You can pick them. Bubble color, text color, background color. You can change the settings pretty much the same as handcent.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TruK

Reaction score
is there a way to change each persons notification sounds and colors and icon like handcent?

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
is there a way to change each persons notification sounds and colors and icon like handcent?

Its being implemented. That's why I said its still kind of beta. They update a lot though. I think I've gotten 2 updates this week. Usually with bug fixes and new things added.

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk

kman79

Reaction score
Giving this a try, currently at work and these hospital walls are too thick so download is going slow.

Quick question, is it possible to have "Transparent" as one of the available colors? I'd love to have a transparent background, it took me a long time to find a transparent theme for handcent, and I've grown to loving it. Just wondering

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna give it a try. I will definitely keep it installed and keep up with its updates. Thanks for the heads up

Big Ry

Reaction score
Why are your screen shots such terrible quality?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

kman79

Reaction score
Im having somes issues with this app. I have handcent installed, after installing this and tapping on it, nothing happens for a long time, and then it freezes on the conversation list and is unreponsive. Also, I get a notification on my status bar saying I have 2000+ unread messages? I usually get that same notification when using the stock messaging app after restoring my backed up sms using mybackup pro.

Any thoughts?

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Im having somes issues with this app. I have handcent installed, after installing this and tapping on it, nothing happens for a long time, and then it freezes on the conversation list and is unreponsive. Also, I get a notification on my status bar saying I have 2000+ unread messages? I usually get that same notification when using the stock messaging app after restoring my backed up sms using mybackup pro.

Any thoughts?

i know when i restored text messages before i had a big number of unread too. as for the freezing, im not sure. i just installed handcent also to see if anything would happen but it runs fine for me.

Why are your screen shots such terrible quality?

they look awesome on my computer screen, maybe its tapatalk?

Giving this a try, currently at work and these hospital walls are too thick so download is going slow.

Quick question, is it possible to have "Transparent" as one of the available colors? I'd love to have a transparent background, it took me a long time to find a transparent theme for handcent, and I've grown to loving it. Just wondering

hmm as of now i dont see the option. im sure the dev would implement it though.

if any of you use xda,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=860847

the dev is on there all the time answering questions and taking requests.

Last edited:

Big Ry

Reaction score
Yup, they look perfect in the browser, but look like this in tapatalk. Lol

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Yup, they look perfect in the browser, but look like this in tapatalk. Lol

haha oh wow. that is terrible. they are kind of big though, maybe they resized them and it screwed up the quality. who knows.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Perhaps. Did you host on DF or tapatalk? I just posted a screenshot in a thread and hosted it on DF and it looks great, same with my screenshot of your screenshot.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Perhaps. Did you host on DF or tapatalk? I just posted a screenshot in a thread and hosted it on DF and it looks great, same with my screenshot of your screenshot.

no, i did those from tinypic. maybe ill try that next time i post some pictures.