Blacklisting

rsxboost3r

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Johan, new to the forums. I've searched to see if anyone else has had this issue and havent come across anything.
I downloaded Handcent and it's awesome! Way better than the crappy SMS the droid came with. I noticed when I blacklist a contact in Handcent and set it as unviewable, it still shows up on the droid's SMS. Is there a way to uninstall the droid's SMS and leave Handcent on. There are some conversations that I want to keep private and unviewable to certain people. I think the blacklist feature is pretty cool but not if it works for one app and not cancel's out the other's settings.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi. I'm Johan, new to the forums. I've searched to see if anyone else has had this issue and havent come across anything.
I downloaded Handcent and it's awesome! Way better than the crappy SMS the droid came with. I noticed when I blacklist a contact in Handcent and set it as unviewable, it still shows up on the droid's SMS. Is there a way to uninstall the droid's SMS and leave Handcent on. There are some conversations that I want to keep private and unviewable to certain people. I think the blacklist feature is pretty cool but not if it works for one app and not cancel's out the other's settings.

well unless you root your phone, uninstalling the native sms app is a no go. You can go into the native app and turn off auto-retrieve messages, and i THINK that might help solve it, but i'm not sure since i don't get that many SMS's.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Hancent just hides them. Doesn't stop them from coming in. So your native SMS app will always show them.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nah.. he is still wanting the messages, just wants them not viewable to others that might pick up his phone..

am i right? you want like a password-protected messaging app? something like that?

OP
R

rsxboost3r

Reaction score
Sam, you're right. Dont want unwanted people viewing my messages. The auto retrieve option didnt work :(

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have not been able to stop the native app from receiving sms's....I use Handcent.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow I Figured since I had Auto receive off and Notifications off that "messenger" was not receiving any messages, yet when I open it I see its getting all my messages as well. there must be a way.... I guess Root is the anwser

-=Jason=-

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can try to call verizon's tech just to see if they give you any other answers. There might be something in a back menu somewhere that might turn it off. (The programming menu's i mean)