GO SMS Pro - issue on Droid1

Jasko

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I think I've asked this question here before within another thread, but got no follow up on it.

I'm experiencing a problem on my GO SMS Pro app. I have a good ol' Droid 1. I really would like to use GO SMS as my sms app, but I have a problem.

When receiving new texts... the popup notification window comes up- just like Handcent or Chomp or SMSPopup does. When I open my Droid 1 to use the physical keyboard and type within that popup notification window, the phone doesn't use it's Auto-Punctuation features- IE: Insert "." on double space, add apostrophies on certain conjunctions, auto-correct certain words.

This and my Market app (when leaving comments) are the only 2 apps that do this. I can live with the Market app not doing it, but it's frustrating on my phone when trying to quick reply to text messages when this feature doesn't work.

I have all three of these options checked within my phone's settings.

I am currently running Android 2.3.3 - Liquid GB 1.6. I've had this problem since GO SMS was released on Froyo.

I've reached out to the GO Team SEVERAL times - emails, blog posts on their website, market comments, etc. NO reply. :icon_eek:

Can someone please help me? Any solutions to this? Can someone with a Droid1 verify this with me that it's not just my phone??

Help!

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Can't answer your specific delemma, but I had problems with punctuation and stuff on my D2 until I installed SwiftKey, and that seems to have solved the problem of having the punctuation marks go where you want them.

OP
Jasko

Jasko

Reaction score
Just tried installing Swiftkey.. didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Uninstalled. Any other suggestions.