Gmail push not working properly?

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
im am completely offended that a phone running linux cannot master Email... any smartphone should be able to setup yahoo mail without jumping thru hoops.. my friend cannot setup yahoo mail on his phone.. you shouldnt have to be a unix admin to be able to setup yahoo email on your new droid smartphone.

i have yahoo mail but dont care to set it up on my phone, i dont even use it, ive been using gmail for years now.. im just chapped that it doesnt come to me instantly like on my BB.... i want to like this phone, i am a unix guy.. this is my phone... im just hoping they iron the issues in 2.1

Silver Member
Reaction score
im am completely offended that a phone running linux cannot master Email... any smartphone should be able to setup yahoo mail without jumping thru hoops.. my friend cannot setup yahoo mail on his phone.. you shouldnt have to be a unix admin to be able to setup yahoo email on your new droid smartphone.

i have yahoo mail but dont care to set it up on my phone, i dont even use it, ive been using gmail for years now.. im just chapped that it doesnt come to me instantly like on my BB.... i want to like this phone, i am a unix guy.. this is my phone... im just hoping they iron the issues in 2.1
i'm not sure where you're going with your argument. the phone has nothing to do with linux. the apps provided were developed by a company not known for application development and from a company that's new in the market.

it's a GOOGLE phone, designed to live in the Google Cloud. not an email phone designed to use every email you can throw at it (even BBs were terrible at that).

the default email client will allow you to setup yahoo through imap or pop3. there's no "hoops" to jump through, provided you know what you're doing.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

i'm not sure where you're going with your argument. the phone has nothing to do with linux. the apps provided were developed by a company not known for application development and from a company that's new in the market.

it's a GOOGLE phone, designed to live in the Google Cloud. not an email phone designed to use every email you can throw at it (even BBs were terrible at that).

the default email client will allow you to setup yahoo through imap or pop3. there's no "hoops" to jump through, provided you know what you're doing.

the androids base OS is linux.

if its so easy to setup yahoo on the droid why are there so many work arounds and threads about it??

i know how to setup email, i will try to setup my yahoo account.. im a network tech, i know what im doing.

nyyfan

Reaction score
i just started noticing gmail push issues as well, when i turn sync off then on again it gets my email. i really hope they fix this, now il be manually checking all the time out of paranoia!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not just Gmail... Google is either doing something to their servers or their system got screwed up somehow. Started the other day with Maps and ever since just about every service other than search is going in and out (or off and on if you prefer)... Last night Gmail was being slow, today GV is being ridiculously slow with SMS.

Hope they get everything fixed soon.

? wonder if they are getting bogged down with all the new Android phones that have been sold.:greendroid:

toddegreene

Reaction score
I believe this may be a server issue with Google. As stated earlier, my problem started Wednesday. After exhaustive research (OK, I just haven't gone to bed yet ) I found the following:

Morning 6-10ish mail pushes immediately
The business day 10-6ish mail has varying degrees of delay
The rest of the day 6-bedish mail pushes immediately

Maybe Google's pipe to push isn't large enough for the traffic.

rp683

Reaction score
If you notice on gmail's web page on the top right it says new, more security. Click on it and it does say that gmail will be slower.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe this may be a server issue with Google. As stated earlier, my problem started Wednesday. After exhaustive research (OK, I just haven't gone to bed yet ) I found the following:

Morning 6-10ish mail pushes immediately
The business day 10-6ish mail has varying degrees of delay
The rest of the day 6-bedish mail pushes immediately

Maybe Google's pipe to push isn't large enough for the traffic.

That time-frame is standard for most servers, it's the 'busy-time' and is to be expected. Especially after the increase in use that Google is probably seeing with the new Droid phones selling so quickly.

If you notice on gmail's web page on the top right it says new, more security. Click on it and it does say that gmail will be slower.

That is via the browser(s), they are now using https it should be effecting the time it takes for their servers to push a mail. The push feature is a deeper function on the server (like forwarding) it should be automatic (i.e. when you phone is on the gmail clients contacts the server and says 'I'm here, send me the mail'). Between the issues with their other services I think they are having some downtime for some reason that they have yet to admit (i.e system upgrade, maintenance or a security issue). Hopefully they'll get it straightened out before long.

mrnelson86

Reaction score
+ 1 for gmail push issues. several hours between receiving emails, already checked sync settings on gmail, droid, etc. gonna wait and see if it self corrects
edit: manual refresh works though

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
+ 1 for gmail push issues. several hours between receiving emails, already checked sync settings on gmail, droid, etc. gonna wait and see if it self corrects
edit: manual refresh works though

With emails, not for SMS... I had several SMS not sync even with manual refresh and they would not show up (but they were visible on my GV page via the browser).

kmasum

Reaction score
i noticed past couple morning there wasnt any new email in my inbox, so i opened my droid gmail and hit refresh and there it is all my email synced right away, it happend twice already ?? so yes there is a lag somewhere and we gotta find out where it is....