Gmail, Outlook and Google calendar

bmchan

Reaction score
I have one gmail account that I access from my home PC and Droid phone (D1). I am not allowed to sync my office MS Outlook with my D1. I have been able until recently to setup an appointment on MS Outlook and send an invite to my gmail address. The appointment would flow through to my google calendar without having to "accept" an invite.

Now when I send the invite, the appointment does not show up on my droid phone calendar but it does appear on Google calendar when I acccess it from my home PC. Again = same account. This morning, an appointment set off an alarm notice on my D1, but the actual appointment never appeared on the calendar.

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I just took a look at a support page I send people to when they have problems with Google and the page has changed. Matter of fact this morning I just noticed Gmail has changed a bit as well.

Anyway, apparently they want you to purchase an app that will make Google work with your business. I was under the impression this was free up until today. Still let me send you the page and take a look, there's more then just that on the page.

Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® - Gmail Help

Good luck.

OP
B

bmchan

Reaction score
Thanks. I work for a bank an so far our tech guy (who owns a droid) is not happy with the security/encryption so I can't do a sync.

Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When my Gmail will not sync I routinely do the following and I would suggest trying it on your calendar issue:

Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Calendar/Clear Data. Give the app a few minutes to re-sync.

Good luck.

OP
B

bmchan

Reaction score
Thanks. What I ended up doing is originating an appointment on the Droid calendar and inviting my work Outlook account. That went through and it somehow corrected the problem. All is well.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway, apparently they want you to purchase an app that will make Google work with your business. I was under the impression this was free up until today. Still let me send you the page and take a look, there's more then just that on the page.

Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® - Gmail Help
Syncing isn't required for accepting meeting invites. Meeting invites are sent via email, often to other people.

I'm guessing here but it sounds like a calendar sync issue since the Google calendar is getting the invites and adding them. It's just that they're not syncing to the phone for some reason.