Google Calendar

crobinson710

Reaction score
My mother owns a motorola droid. She has it because she works in two different offices and uses google calendar to keep track of her appointments. She has two different calendars under two different gmail accounts. When she wants to add or delete an appointment she opens the browser, logs on to whichever gmail account she needs to change the calendar on, then makes the change. She has been currently having issues with getting the calendar to show on the browser, and I was also wondering if there is a better way to do all this instead of having to use the browser. Is there anyone who has any kind of suggestion?

Droids

Reaction score
I use CalWidget to display both my exchange calendar and Google calendar in one view and it works great for me. There are several calendar widgets available on the market and other users will give good advice on this subject too. I honestly don't know if CalWidget will work with multiple gmail calendars but I would think it would.

Whatever calendar you end up setting her up with, you definitely want one that will allow her to add/edit events from the android app rather than using a browser. So much easier.

Welcome to DroidForums!

GatorDroid

Reaction score
Cal Widget Works Great. Under the Calendar Menu you can turn on and off as many calendars (gmail) that you want to show up in the widget. I actually use 4 gmail accounts and they can all show up in CalWidget. I use google sync to mesh my google an exchange calendar, and then only show my google so I don't get multiple events. I also use QwickList, which has a voice recognition system for a todo list that you can add to calendar. You say "haircut" on May 8th and hit calendar and it adds it to cal widget that then adds to default calendar, Which is my main google.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a question. Is it necessary for her to have two separate gmail accounts rather than having two separate calendars on the same gmail account?

GatorDroid

Reaction score
Each Gmail account has ONE main default calendar associated with it. You can however, in settings, share your calendar with another gmail account, and then change the color of each calendar.
IE: on my gmail calendar, I have it shared with my wife. My events are grey, hers or purple, my daughter (who has gmal) is green, and my work gmail is blue and my Microsoft Exchange is red. Since these are ALL part of my gmail, when you set up calwidget, they will all show up as calendars that you can either show or hide. As I said, I use google sync to get my miscrosoft events into google, but hid the microsoft calender in widget or it would show doulbe events.
You can have calwidget display the factory colors of the calendars so one could set one office as one color and the other as another.
However, as long as you set up the calendars in google to give each other complete control, one can log into either one to change any event no matter which one they were in when it was set.
IE: my wife makes an appt. Shows up on my droid. I edit the appt and change the time. Changes it on my calendar (as her event) and it changes it on her google calendar. (all done in settings).
Sorry this was so wordy but is gets a little confusing on how they all show up and sync...imagine now trying to sync this with Mac iCal, and then your kids iTouch, since mac and google don't like each other...actualy can be done for others who are interested in making google the default calendar on iTouch...tricky, but works flawlessly.