gmail not working on fission d2g

spiderman

Reaction score
this is my 1st time rooting and adding a diff rom on my phone i am a long time droid user tho. i put fission on my phone the other day and i love it but i have a big problem i cannot get my gmail to sign in let alone i dont even have a gmail app so i cant get into market and i dont have any contacts so i'm a little lost and would love some help on this i've read forums on other emails not working but nothing on gmail not working

biknut1

Reaction score
Gmail & Fission

this is my 1st time rooting and adding a diff rom on my phone i am a long time droid user tho. i put fission on my phone the other day and i love it but i have a big problem i cannot get my gmail to sign in let alone i dont even have a gmail app so i cant get into market and i dont have any contacts so i'm a little lost and would love some help on this i've read forums on other emails not working but nothing on gmail not working

Not sure what your problem is- I use Gmail every day with Fission. Some recommendations though- go back into Bootstraper and click on Bootstrap Recovery, you will get a window that says "Success!" Click on that and exit back to your home page. Go into Fission Rom Manager (FRM) again. Try reloading everything. But before you do, make sure you click at the top of the page to wipe data/cache, and you might even make a backup of where you are now. Especially if you didn't do one the first time.

Sometimes stuff just doesn't load right. This suggestion is to try reloading it all again, with a wipe.

OP
spiderman

spiderman

Reaction score
do you have a copy of the fission rom you used mybe i have a bad copy or something is wrong with the i have

OP
spiderman

spiderman

Reaction score
if i do a factory reset with fission on my phone will it mess it up

biknut1

Reaction score
Reset

if i do a factory reset with fission on my phone will it mess it up

Sorry man- had to go to work yesterday.

A factory reset will not mess up Fission, but you will have to start over with your phone. It will reboot back at "Touch The Android To Begin" restart. I would try reloading Fission first. If you use the FRM (Fission Rom Manager) it should load up the Rom, the update, some themes for you to chose from, and some other options to select. For sure you want the 2.4.3 Rom and the update.
Try out a theme, a media choice, a keyboard choice, etc. It should load them right up, all at one time. I would try with a wipe before I did factory reset.