Problems with Fission rom?

snipes1003

Reaction score
I just got sent a d2g to replace my d2 (actually still on my d1 contract, so maybe these things will keep breaking and then I'll get a d3, and d4 etc, but that's another story)

Anyway, I've been using fission rom 1.4.3 for the last few days (stock was only getting ~5 hours of battery, this switch got me up to ~11 hours). I have noticed no problems with the rom.

I also don't see it getting too much acclaim in these forums which leads me to wonder if the other rom(s) (fenom?) are better in some way or if there's something wrong with fission? Is there anyone else who is cool with just using fission?

473x15

Reaction score
Well as for me, is been great since i got my d2g im been with fission

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

chrisl20

Reaction score
I used fission, but switched to angel and havnt been back to fission since... ..granted it has the toolbox which is convenient, but the dev support is way beyond lacking..or has been at least. I did read he's 'coming back' but he has said that many times before. Angel is good, really good, my battery lasts twice as long as it did with fission, and I literally just got done downloading fenom which im going to try since it has a 3g data throttle hack incorporated and I want to see if it works well. Angelrom has quite a few theme options available already, but fenom seems to be a tad behind in that department, so, that's all I got I guess... it wont hurt to try out another rom, everyone has different taste.

clouse2013

Reaction score
I used fission, but switched to angel and havnt been back to fission since... ..granted it has the toolbox which is convenient, but the dev support is way beyond lacking..or has been at least. I did read he's 'coming back' but he has said that many times before. Angel is good, really good, my battery lasts twice as long as it did with fission, and I literally just got done downloading fenom which im going to try since it has a 3g data throttle hack incorporated and I want to see if it works well. Angelrom has quite a few theme options available already, but fenom seems to be a tad behind in that department, so, that's all I got I guess... it wont hurt to try out another rom, everyone has different taste.

Fenom wouldnt be too hard to port themes over too at all. Same style rom and framework essentially. Wouldnt take much at all. And angdroid did say hes coming back but he wont be developing for the D2G anymore. I saw it on his twitter.

snowride20

Reaction score
I like the vanilla look of fission as I really enjoy the stock android but had no luck getting the rom to run clean on my phone. Until someone comes up with a stock android rom I will continue to use this awful moto blur that verizon and motorola force upon us, just slimmed and cleaned up as much as I possibly can.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums