GMail Frustration

andrew123

Reaction score
I am this close to throwing my Droid against the wall. I hope someone can help.

My GMail will not receive e-mails unless I manually refresh once the app is open. Believe it or not, I looked around on this board to see if I could find some help.

Yes: The phone is synched with my account.
Yes: I went in and cleared the data/cache (although my phone didn't have cache for GMail).
Yes: I have rebooted numerous times as well as pulled the battery out.

None of these has options has made it work.

As I am writing "Test" e-mails to myself, I do not get a notification ring or anything appearing in my status bar. Again, I checked off to receive notifications, my phone is not on silent, and there is a ringtone that is selected to play.

HELP PLEASE. I paid too much money for this phone to have it in pieces with a hole in the wall.

myriad46

Reaction score
OK. First, welcome to the forum.

I'll just mention, so you don't get too beat up. The battery pull maneuver is a left over from Blackberry and doesn't really do anything with Android phones. I tried it a time or teo when I got my phone out of desperation, but just so you know.

Do you have any kind of App Killer application with an automatic setting? These programs tend to mess with the natural google harmony of the phone, so, just an idea.

You said that your phone is synced with your account. Have you tried unsyncing and then resyncing? Just go to accounts and uncheck the boxes. Then recheck them.

In the accounts menu, are the other sync options checked? Background Data and Auto-Sync?

Do you receive other kinds of notifications? Voicemail? Text Messages?

What if you leave the gmail app open and send a test message?

Hang in there. We may be able to help you find a solution to your problem, so no phone throwing quite yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmm...12 hours later and no response from the OP. Must have thrown his Droid through the wall...:D