Messaging App and Gmail

Angie406

Reaction score
The Droid PRO has a messaging app with a Universal Inbox. We all know this. Yet, that universal inbox doesn't include messages from Gmail unless you specifically set up Gmail with the e-mail app (not the Gmail app). I like using the Universal Inbox because it shows everything in order all in one place and, for me, Gmail needs to be included in that list.

HOWEVER - since I prefer the Gmail app, I am also using it. When I receive a Gmail e-mail, I get a notification from both the Gmail app and the e-mail app. I don't want both. When I turn off notifications for e-mail, that seems to be a blanket setting for all e-mail accounts linked to the phone so then I stop getting notifications for my work e-mail as well.

This is very frustrating. All I want is my Gmail messages to show up in the universal inbox while not receiving two notifications. Is there any way to 1) Include Gmail in the universal inbox without setting up Gmail through the e-mail app or 2) Turn off notifications for just one e-mail account?

Clear as mud? I've only had my droid for a month, so I apologize if this is obvious.

OP
A

Angie406

Reaction score
BUMP. I'm about to light my droid on fire over this. :cus:

ScotMorrison

Reaction score
would luv to help...

dont know how to stop this either and i want to add another question for the droid pros out there...

is there a setting so that when i erase a gmail message off my phone it does not automatically erase from my web based gmail as well? this was never a problem with my blackberry but seems to be an issue with gmail!!

help please!!

comk4ver

Reaction score
Bump same issue droid x

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums