GM MyLink Issue

CarolinaEd

Reaction score
New 2013 Camaro with the MyLink Infotainment System. Stock Razr Maxx HD 4.1.2. Also have a 2007 Toyota Tundra with Hands Free BT (phone talking only). The MyLink systems is able to sync your contacts from your phone via BT to the MyLink system to give you truly hands free calling. Say call name and it dials, etc. Also will stream music from the phone via BT.

On the Tundra, the phone will sync w/o any issues and the phone part has worked w/o any issues that I've been able to find so far. On the new Camaro, after an initial pairing, everything works just as intended and it is wonderful. However, if I turn phone BT off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on, the phone says it's paired, but nothing works. Same result if I just turn the car off like normal, then start it back up later, like having gone into a store or something. The only way to get it to work again is to completely remove the phone from the MyLink system, then re-pair from scratch. Phone works great again.... the first time, then the problem repeats.

At first, I thought it could be a MyLink issue, b/c I never had trouble with my Tundra even thouh it doesn't have the ability to sync contacts or stream BT audio. Yesterday, a buddy of mine and I went to lunch and for testing, we used both his Razr Maxx (non-HD) and his iPhone 4S. Paired them, could turn BT on and off, left it paired and turned the car off, had lunch and started the car back up, never had an issue. Everything worked just the way it is supposed to. So, any ideas, or has anyone seen anything similar? It's really annoying as I spend a lot of time in my car driving between clients, and not having BT working right really blows.