Girlfriend keeps looking through my phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife and I respect and trust each others privacy, her phone and computer is her business and my phone and computer is my business - trust is very important in a relationship as almost everything else is based on it :wink:

+1

Even though I do back up her laptop/phone and maintain all the computers/phones in the house, I don't volentarily go into her system, and she doesn't go into mine either.

We both have nothing to hide from each other which adds to it. :)

Instead of trying to catch her, just toss her the phone and tell her you're not hiding anything and let her go to town looking. She's insecure, and you'll need to deal with it if you want to maintain that relationship, period.

That case in MI will get thrown out, no precident for that statute, the guy found out his ex wife was re-seeing an abusive second husband (by looking at emails, to which he had the pwd btw ..., and told the first husband (who fathered the kid, and now wants custody as they both are afraid fo the kid getting hurt by Hub #2, who previously beat the wife in front of him in the past).

If you didn't follow, read: Man Faces Five Years in Jail—For Reading Wife's Emails

The statute they are trying has never been tied to a family matter itself.

OP
T

tmasto123

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all the replies. I appreciate the tip about the long press home to get recent apps.

I did however find an application that does exactly what I need. It's called Log Collector. It collects all the system information, with time and date stamps. That way next time she goes into it while I'm sleeping, or away from my phone, I will know those times, and can confront her then.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
All good advice given so far.... but he let it get to this point because he is so greatful that he has a g/f that he'll allow it and she knows it.

I had an ex wife who...all of a sudden, started snooping and would get mad if I locked something down. Turns out, she was the one cheating. This was mentioned earlier. She wanted justification for her infidelity.

Even if she's not...time to move on. But you won't

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving.

Yep. That's what I've found to be true also. The ones that are the least trusting, and extremely accusatory are (in my experience) always the ones trying to run game. It's the "screw you over, before you screw me over" mentality even though you're not trying to screw her over.

"F" THAT.

OP
T

tmasto123

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately that's really more of the blatent truth... Thanks again for alll the posts.

CH3RRY

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all the replies. I appreciate the tip about the long press home to get recent apps.

I did however find an application that does exactly what I need. It's called Log Collector. It collects all the system information, with time and date stamps. That way next time she goes into it while I'm sleeping, or away from my phone, I will know those times, and can confront her then.

LOL, this thread is crazy...You should keep us all in the loop on how it goes.

I know what your going through though...but my situation is a little more complicated. I have an ex husband who I still hang out with and talk to and all that good stuff and he goes through my phone at night while I sleep. With that sitation, I'm not sure why he would even wanna go through my phone...We're not boyfriend and girlfriend, we're not married anymore...if anything, he's the one that refuses to leave his phone laying around and locks his phone. I, myself, have no reason to lock my phone and have nothing to hide.

You can't really explain why some people are the way they are. They just have insecurities that they will need to talk to someone about. I would attempt to sit down and talk to her about why she does what she does. If she still stares you straight in the face and tells you that she doesn't go through your phone, well then that changes the situation and will make things worse. At that point there is something wrong when she will continually lie to you and not blink an eye and you will then need to give her an ultimatum at that point...she either quits the lying and all the BS and tells you how she feels, when she feels it or else she's gotta go.

I'm not sure how far you are into your relationship or how much you think it's worth but if things don't get better you may have to let her go...she needs time to be ok with herself before she can be ok with someone else...

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My girlfriend looks through my phone all the time. But there's nothing in there that would get me in any trouble, so I don't have to worry about it. She does marketing and PR for me, so I trust her and she trusts me. ;)

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
My girlfriend looks through my phone all the time. But there's nothing in there that would get me in any trouble, so I don't have to worry about it. She does marketing and PR for me, so I trust her and she trusts me. ;)

+1 but its my wife I've got nothing to hide ... maybe that's why yours looks? Or why your upset about it

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

+1 but its my wife I've got nothing to hide ... maybe that's why yours looks? Or why your upset about it

I'm not upset about it at all. She answers my phone and even answers text messages. Most of it is work related anyway, so it's all good. :)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love that at DF there is always time for relationship advise!!! I'll be trusting all of you to solve my next big fight with the wife for sure!!!

Maybe take a different direction to use this to your advantage. If I was in your shoes I would fill my phone with all the sick stuff I wish I was doing in the sack and sit back and wait for my wildest fantasy to come true!! Use your phone to tell her all stuff she would smack you for saying out loud.

edit cause I used a bad word sorrry.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I love seeing what people are willing to put up with for some regular pooty.... personally, I am not willing to put up with it and gave one the boot.

Something tells me, if the op found his gf in the sack with someone today, she'd find a way to blame him and he'd apologize to her and then beg her not to leave.

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Yeah it's from the last guy... Found out he was cheating on her by looking through his phone. Guess she thinks its gonna happen again.

she is insecure. If your not doing her dirty, you should nothing to worry about. If your a playa, move on then. She is going to find out eventually and your better off single.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
been down this road...

if she's snooping, chances are she's looking to validate her own wrong doing.

It is your phone however, if you wanna lock it, lock it. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wanted to close this thread after the OP thanked everybody for their opinion. I think it's run it's course judging from the last comment I just read.

Status
Not open for further replies.