Girlfriend tapped all texts on my droid x

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
J

Jon25Z

Reaction score
I have no idea if I have any kind of sms backup.

In application manager, it shows all legit stuff I've downloaded...

Snow02

Reaction score
Relationship advice aside, I'm interested to find out how she did this. If you live together I'm assuming she'd have a chance to access your phone? Maybe she installed an app, exported all the texts (there are many SMS backup apps that will email you the export), then uninstalled the app?

Any app I've seen, the app has to stay on the device.

Edit: Oh you mean just dumped them real quick. I'm thinking it sounds like there was an auto-sync app installed.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jon25Z

Reaction score
For the record. I had been back from japan for three days. My phone wouldn't work there
I was there for three weeks...

Snow02

Reaction score
I have no idea if I have any kind of sms backup.

In application manager, it shows all legit stuff I've downloaded...

Why don't you type up a list of all your installed apps? Don't look at the app drawer, go to settings - applications - manage applications - all.

Our you can use an app called My Apps List I think, that will generate a list for you.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jon25Z

Reaction score
Did that snow. Nothing sketchy there. Just what I've downloaded for games and other trivial stuff

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How would she do it via google voice?
You'd have to be set up with Google Voice. SMS and VM in your GV account are available on the GV site from any internet connected PC.

How?? How is this possible or even legal? We are not on the same account nor does she have any of my passwords.

I've searched my phone and there doesn't appear to be any spy apps installed.
It's not legal. You may want to mention that to her.

Change your passwords anyway. Also change your hints for resetting/retrieving your passwords. This should be standard practice anytime anything like this happens.

Also list out all apps you have installed if you want assistance. Some apps may have features that you're overlooking.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jon25Z

Reaction score
Just once.

Takeshi: I have no idea how MY texts from MY phone would go to her gmail

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just once.

Takeshi: I have no idea how MY texts from MY phone would go to her gmail
As I said, change your passwords. List your apps. We know you don't know. We only have what you tell us to go on. The more info you give us the more we can help. Otherwise, you're on your own.

I know you don't want or need the relationship advice but fix that as well. That's the real problem.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I do remember reading about a "stalker" app that did something like this. It was placed on the victim's phone and wasn't visible unless you knew what to look for in root folders. I'll search for it, but it was quite a long time ago. And you had to download the apk from the dev's site, it wasn't in the market.

As far as the girl, about 7 years ago, I got involved with that type of person too. She wouldn't even let me talk to my younger sister because that counted as a female. She was a beautiful, intelligent blonde that is a lawyer now, but when we broke up, she started banging her head and face against a wall, saying that she was going to call the police and say that i was hitting her.

Spare yourself the misery that is inevitable in this situation, my friend. Every time someone gave me that advice, or told me that I was "a fool" it made me want to stay with her that much more. Boy did I learn the error of my ways. I hope things turn out okay for you dude, but the only way that'll happen is if you do the right thing for yourself.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Google voice can be setup to send messages to an e-mail or to multiple phones. Like others have said, more info is needed.

OP
J

Jon25Z

Reaction score
Downloaded: ("All" shows sooo many)

Flash player
Adobe reader
AL Notepad
Album art grabbed
alice concerts
Amazon mp3
daily horoscope
exchange rates
Futuristic wallpaper
Gmail
Handcent
Honeycomb clock
LOL droid
Maps
market
Music junk
My verizon
Mylock
Openhome
Pandora
Privacy star
Rink defense
Romfetcher
snes9x
Space wallpapers
Sync manager
Task manager
translator
Weather bug and locator
Youtube

No google voice....

Snow02

Reaction score
Yeah, that's not very many apps. I imagine you'd recognize one you didn't put there.

Was the printout from her email account?

Snow02

Reaction score
There are a few android spying apps: mobistealth, mobile spy, spy bubble. I'm not sure how they hide themselves or how to detect them. Google can probably help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.