I better fix this before my girlfriend comes to visit if I want to keep her!

qurtrn10

Reaction score
HELP!

(I'm going to use names to make this easier to explain)

My girlfriend's name is Natalie. I text and call her so much throughout the day, that instead of going into my lists and scrolling to her name, I wanted to put a shortcut to her on my home page. (I'm sure I'll also get mega bonus points from her when she sees it)

Herein lies the problem. I touch and hold from the homepage, select 'Shortcuts', then 'Contact' and select her name. The icon that pops up is mixed up - It has her name, and when clicked, her contact info pops up, but my friend Rachel's picture shows up instead of Natalie's! I've tried deleting the contact and re-selecting it. I've tried turning the phone off and then back on, then deleting and re-selecting, but the same thing keeps happening.

How can I fix this? I searched, but haven't seen this problem pop up yet.

Thanks,
William

OP
Q

qurtrn10

Reaction score
For kicks, I decided to try adding Rachel's contact to see if I'd get my girlfriend's picture there, but it gives me a different incorrect pic for her too. I've tried a number of other friends, and none of them get added with the correct profile pic - it's always some other friend's picture.

OP
Q

qurtrn10

Reaction score
I do use facebook in my contacts, however if I add the Motorola Widget 'Contact Quick Tasks' and select her the app shows the correct picture. Unfortunately, I don't like the look of that widget, so I wanted to use the contact shortcut. The contact shortcut is the only one that gets it mixed up.

Thanks!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try going into settings>Applications/All tab>Contacts and try wipe the data/cache from there. worth a shot.

OP
Q

qurtrn10

Reaction score
Thanks. I just tried it, and nothing changes. The funny thing is, it's consistently the same incorrect pic every time.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't go about it that way. I long press, select Shortcuts then select Direct Dial. I then scroll to the person's number (mobile, home, etc) and select the correct one. The image that shows is that in the contacts. If the contacts is wrong, I go to edit the contact info, press the image and find my own image from the gallery for that person. Then when I put on the homescreen as described above, it's correct.

OP
Q

qurtrn10

Reaction score
I'll look into that - I use text messaging way more than actually calling - can I set that up with texting, or is that only for dialing her phone number?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll look into that - I use text messaging way more than actually calling - can I set that up with texting, or is that only for dialing her phone number?

Yes, instead of selecting "Direct Dial" select Direct Message and then search for her mobile number. The first time you try it, it may ask for you to make a selection of which messaging app (if you have more than one), just check the Use as Default box and pick the one you use.

OP
Q

qurtrn10

Reaction score
I guess our phones are a little different, because when I click 'Shortcuts', the only dialer option I have is called 'Dialer' (there's no 'Direct Dialer).

ARGH!!!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, all my ROMs have had that option, I just assumed

OP
Q

qurtrn10

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm kind of a newbie to this. Is there anyway to know if it's just my phone that mixes this up, or if it's everyone?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ouch Town, population you.

Honestly I would take your friend, not girlfriend, out of every contact you have. Google, facebook, phone, etc. See if it takes her out automatically. Then add her back. I don't have any other suggestion.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yo dawg... download "Desktop Visualizer" from the market, it is free and awesome. It lets you set widgets of any size on your screen. You can create an 'icon' from a photo of her, make it really big and appealing, and set it to call her when clicked.

That aught to at least get a button or two undone *wink* *wink*