Gingerbread

jwalz

Reaction score
When is the droid x getting the new gingerbread upgrade?

THE X

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No One Knows......

frayed

Reaction score
Droid X Gingerbread

Never, they got your money. The droid x is pretty cool as is but still I catch myself surfing the web for news on the update. I hear now that the next wave of droids are coming out with 2.2 as well when the nexus has had gingerbread for a few months already. I am pretty sure this is my last droid just because I'm not very cool with all the carrot on a string rumors of updates without any official word on what to expect. I gets a little unnerving after awhile. Of course there is always the option of voiding your warranty for what some phone hacker calls Gingerbread. Which I would do if my phone didn't have access to my bank accounts and other personal information. But who knows whats hidden in the code of these roms you can download.

Smittys

Reaction score
We are 100% getting the Gingerbread 2.3 update. P3droid is a legitimate guy who has Gingerbread on his Droid X Developers phone (a special unlocked bootloader Droid X). A few days ago (21st of March I think) he said that the DX will be getting the official Gingerbread update "soonish". I would say expect it early - mid April...possibly May.

Besides, we don't necessarily need anything from the update. Froyo appears to work flawlessly (for me). I do, however, want the black notification bar and the new Motoblur.

Back to the point, expect it late March (by the 31st) or early to mid April.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score
i sure hope so. so if it really gets put on motos servers, shouldn't blur let us pull the update?

i have been waiting for this since GB was announced. hopefully it comes true, but i aint holding my breath.

snider.1993

Reaction score
yeahh, last night i rooted both am htc ARIA!! and the htc inspire both on cyanogen 7 with gingerbread... im sad to see that the aria got GB before my x did :( what a shame. persoanlly i dont ever see CYM coming to the X (misery ensues)

silver04v

Reaction score
Don't want it until its rootable. My updater is being frozen if the update comes out until root can be had and overclocking and undervolting can be done at least.

droidx with some mods..

DyMiC

Reaction score
I hope it comes out on Sunday. That only means by sometime next week, somebody will have a Stock Rooted OCed De-Bloatwared Gingerbread ROM for us to flash. YAY!

Rocko

Reaction score
Why are people saying this can not be rooted? How do they know?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
P3droid was having problems rooting the GB build. Not sure if he ever figured it out. Guess we'll find out.

Drummynator

Reaction score
Why are people saying this can not be rooted? How do they know?

I'm not quite sure I can say this correctly but since the update hasn't been released, the developers who make the files that allow you to have root don't have them ready to fit this update. I'm sure someone more experienced could explain it better but I'm trying :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk