gingerbread updatae

ral129

Reaction score
My Incredible updated to gingerbread yesterday 2.3.4, but many of my apps are gone, totally wiped from my phone and of course any data they had.

Also, the battery drains faster since the update.

I am very frustrated and wonder what can be done about this.

Has any body else had this or a similar issue?

I thought gingerbread was going to be an improvement. It this is improved I want froyo back.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have not received the update and just heard word that we are getting it.

I don't think it should've deleted anything...then again the last update I got was to Froyo on the droid 1

tedum3

Reaction score
reboot...and breath

restart your phone, and download the apps you "lost". happened to me this morning and freaked out because i lost all my pictures, but give it a reboot should be good.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good to hear there's a solution tedum3, thanks for sharing that info.

Wonder if any other users who received the updates had the same problem

dstevens58

Reaction score
Only two games, Angry Birds and Stupid Zombies, were missing (had a "market" symbol where they once were). I downloaded again before rebooting and things appear to be working at this time. Trying to find out what all is different under the new OS.

jar265

Reaction score
Missing Apps

Same problem here - about half my apps were missing after the update this morning.

absamide

Reaction score
I had everything completely wiped from the phone. Came back with no shortcuts on any of the screens and maybe half my applications installed. All contacts gone etc. Reboot did nothing. I ended up having to get contacts back from Verizon and reload all the applications that I had moved to the SD card through android market.

I must say it boots up much faster, but this has shown me how much I want/need a good backup program for the phone.

pete rose haircut

Reaction score
Got my upgrade yesterday, I have been less than pleased.
I have found nothing it does better than froyo & several things that its worse at.
gif images no longer work, battery life seems even more sucky, and the phone seems a bit slower.
If I knew how to do it I'd probably go back to froyo.

patrickgerry

Reaction score
I have been hearing only negative feedback from the update. Can anybody chime in and report that the update was an improvement from froyo?

jestingjester2

Reaction score
No issues here with gb. Battery doing good and no issues with an apps :)

Sent from my DROID r2d2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
I also had apps disappear! And now I can't receive messages :-( not sure what to do. I've called everyone and can't get my texting fixed so will probably have to buy a new phone. Downgrade to an Eris I suppose. Ugh. I wish I could have my old Inc back.

ajcscan

Reaction score
Very happy with GB update! Phone is much faster, downloads actually seem faster. Only one question.....
Since the update I have a notification icon up top starting that my phone storage space is getting low? I've never had this before and I have plenty of space? Any ideas?

Sent from my Incredible using the DroidForum App

pete rose haircut

Reaction score
I did a little experimenting today & found that gif images work if I use another browser like skyfire.
Is there possibly a setting I could change on the default browser so they would work on there as well??

sfigueroa

Reaction score
Had trouble receiving messages on my dinc. Talked to verizon and htc with no solution. Bought the bionic and everything works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums