Gingerbread Theme Resource Thread

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Fellow Themers,

I am about to start my first "Black Out" of a GB rom and have noticed that there are numerous differences between it and Froyo! I am starting this thread to have a location for themers to go to find things out as well as add things that they find. Feel free to post anything, no matter how small it seems, it may save someone hours of looking for something simple... Also, if you can post screenshots of the changes, visuals always help with learning something new..:)

I hope this thread will help themers learn GB faster and eventually help churn out more and more great themes! I will try and keep the OP updated with things as they are added, but if I miss something just gtalk or PM me....

Thanks a lot guys (and girls) for anything you post and helpfully I will be adding things as I learn them....

Update 2/21/11... Inverted Talk (Great Work Cakes and B-Boy!!!!)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/b-...d-gtalk-inverted.html?highlight=inverted+talk

Last edited:

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
One of the first things folks need to know is that some of the images formerly in framework-res.apk are now in SystemUI.apk, which is in /system/app. In order to get all of your status bar images, etc., you have to theme both.

Raziel23x

APK Multi-Tools
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
apkmultitool.com
Twitter
raziel23x
when themeing certain roms like Liquid Gingerbread do not use optipng on the framework-res, settings, voice search and twitter as this for some reason causes a boot-loop in some cases so it is a good idea not to optimize but it is OK to zipalign them.

Raziel23x

APK Multi-Tools
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
apkmultitool.com
Twitter
raziel23x
not really sure i am still investigating them myself but I am also working on converting my themes to work with the new theme Chooser from Tmobile CM rom which me and liquid are incorporating into our rom but I am still on the fence with it as i still working on the themes as is.

I am still working on Auditing all the theme png files and seeing what does what any findings i find i will report back on them

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still working through getting all my apps back...

Gmail, Quicksearch, Mms, email, Keyboard, and Market, yes Market installed great.... all currently "blacked out".....:)

Bad news is that for some reason my blacked out dolphin HD wont install??? I don't use it anyway and I think I will theme Dolphin mini, it looks sweet and almost like miui browesr...

Right now I am just getting things setup and ready to "black out", more to come.....

By the way, does anybody know if the statusbar pulldown supports transparency??

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
From what i've read, xeodexus was the one to give us transparancy in Froyo, so hopefully he does it for GB for us.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, guess I will just have to find a cool bg for now...

Raziel23x

APK Multi-Tools
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
apkmultitool.com
Twitter
raziel23x
We have transparency n our rom you could check ours out link in signature

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great, have you been able to decompile/compile systemUI.apk?

jimmydene84

Reaction score
It does support transparency....
aefd5909-9271-78a3.jpg

And is chevys 5.0 and yakitori's chump change theme its fully transparent (pretty sure)
done with thumbs

Raziel23x

APK Multi-Tools
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
apkmultitool.com
Twitter
raziel23x
Well apk manager decompiles for me but throws a error when doing so but other then a few images currpted I do not see any issue other then that. I mainly use 7zip to extract the images.

I believe apktool just needs a update for gingerbread compatiblity.

We could try hex editing the xml files juse remember everthing is backwords when hex editing RGB strings

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP Updated........

OP has been updated with a link to the inverted Talk.apk.......:)