Blacked Out Gingerbread Keyboard... WITH "shadow buttons"

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
mountainbikermark - give this a go, same install procedure as the GB themed keyboard you installed earlier.

Download Direct Install Blacked Out Blue GB Keyboard
Oh my, as much as I love the green my eyesight loves this blue and now I've got 3 to choose from on Gingerbread? Ohhh my and THANK YOU. I might just have to start typing more often instead of sliding all the time.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.
I don't think i could ever stop using swype, but i do like making these :D

btw, former active duty Marine here! rock on man!

I need some guidance on this. I have the blacked out GB keyboard, and I saw the LatinIME.apk file in system/app/ directory. Do I copy the downloaded LatinIME.apk into the directory and overwrite? I tried this, rebooted, and the keyboard disappeared. The android keyboard doesn't show up in settings.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Make sure you have "Unknown Sources" turned on under applications, then after downloading, just click on it, then install.

I am such a tool. Thanks!
screenshot!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mountainbikermark - give this a go, same install procedure as the GB themed keyboard you installed earlier.

Oh my, as much as I love the green my eyesight loves this blue and now I've got 3 to choose from on Gingerbread? Ohhh my and THANK YOU. I might just have to start typing more often instead of sliding all the time.
I can only rock on because you are a Marine, there is no such thing as a former Marine :D
Thank you again for the keyboard and especially for protecting my and my childrens freedoms

Support Our Troops!!

btw, former active duty Marine here! rock on man!!

Swype is my least favorite slider. I've got SlideIt,ShapeWriter,8pen, Swype and Ultra for sliding , as well as stock,Gingerbread and Ultra in qwerty mode for typing

Support Our Troops!!

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge

Support Our Troops!!

btw, former active duty Marine here! rock on man!

Make sure you have "Unknown Sources" turned on under applications, then after downloading, just click on it, then install.

I am such a tool. Thanks!
screenshot!

aefcf12b-f8d6-1706.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cujo6801

Reaction score
backup and try....what's the worst that can happen....you can always flash back....that's what I did with the red and no prob on UD3.0

jbrock98

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a swype gingerbread MM somewhere? I love the blacked out gkb but I can't go back 2 typing, but the look is awesome

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a swype gingerbread MM somewhere? I love the blacked out gkb but I can't go back 2 typing, but the look is awesome

I made one for my Ultra Keyboard. I'm not rooted so I can't do a screen shot. It's got the no border, fluorescent gray (set by me) short trace line, keys and modifier pressed foreground is Android green on the characters with a blood red border while pressed, I've set the keyboard size to larger than stock and have it set for trace in portrait and tap in qwerty.
Ultra Keyboard is limitless in it's ability to customize.

Support Our Troops!!

jbrock98

Reaction score

I made one for my Ultra Keyboard. I'm not rooted so I can't do a screen. It's got the no border, fluorescent gray (set by me) short trace line, keys and modifier pressed foreground is Android green on the characters with a blood red border while pressed, I've set the keyboard size to larger than stock and have it set for trace in portrait and tap in qwerty.
Ultra Keyboard is limitless in it's ability to customize.

Support Our Troops!!

Never heard of it...swype has me hooked ruined me wanting to type

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ultra Keyboard is available on the market and comes with a 24 hour full trial before deciding to purchase or not.
I just finished making a green one to match the .apk shown earlier in the thread with the red key press border in bright red, neon blue trace line and Android green arrow keys on the bottom.
I've got over 20 themes I've made for Ultra
Support Our Troops!!

B

bigsapz

Does this work on an incredible? I get errors when flashing in rec. Im rooted running UD 2.5. Thx for any help.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ones that Stetson posted work fine on my non rooted Inc and he posted instructions a few posts up on how to install on rooted Inc.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk and Ultra Keyboard approved.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Will this work on the D2G? I know I could wipe if it doesnt work but cant be asked, had to do to many wipes lately, otherwise I would try it with out asking.

EDIT: Meh had to end up doing an SBF anyways so I figured wth..so I put this on the ol SD Card and gave it a flash. The gb keyboard worked fine. Sadly the black/blue gb keyboard failed. :(

Last edited: