Inverted Dropbox 1.0.3.2

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Inverted Dropbox 1.1.1 - Finally!!

snap20110410_200025.png
snap20110410_200037.png

Dropbox Ver. 1.1.1 - Install this with Root Explorer or Astro. Uninstall the previous version first.

Dropbox 1.1.1 Version 2 - This has the inverted lockscreen settings, but I'm still fighting with the regular settings screen. I have also changed the app icon to black (Thanks to stetsonaw for pointing this out. I guess I was kind of tired by the time I was swapping out images.). You should be able to install this over version 1.

Last edited:

decalex

Reaction score
So awesome, thx for doing this. I know this is a themer's nightmare, but have u seen that they have a newer beta up on their site? I know they're asking ppl to test it.. but i don't see any major differences (or any differences really). I'll post the apk when back home.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So awesome, thx for doing this. I know this is a themer's nightmare, but have u seen that they have a newer beta up on their site? I know they're asking ppl to test it.. but i don't see any major differences (or any differences really). I'll post the apk when back home.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

You're welcome. I'll look into the new app.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

decalex

Reaction score
Dropbox 1.0.9.6 (original apk)

Here's a direct link to
Dropbox 1.0.9.6 (Original apk)
(only 3 days old)

and the dropbox forum page where it's located.. fwiw.
It might just be worth it for to wait for the 1.1 update, which it seems they're gearing up for.

Btw, I'm so stoked you did this. I gave inverting a shot a little while back, and was having probs. Any tips or anything u did special with the xml edits?

Last edited:
OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here's a direct link to
Dropbox 1.0.9.6 (Original apk)
(only 3 days old)

and the dropbox forum page where it's located.. fwiw.
It might just be worth it for to wait for the 1.1 update, which it seems they're gearing up for.

Btw, I'm so stoked you did this. I gave inverting a shot a little while back, and was having probs. Any tips or anything u did special with the xml edits?

When I do xml edits, I use Notepad ++ and Code Compare. If I have another apk that I can use as a base, then Code Compare comes in handy. If not, then I can use Notepad ++ to do free edits. Always start with a search in Notepad ++ for "background". This will show you what files or png's will need to be edited. Another thing that you can do is just use a color instead of the png or xml reference.

For example, if the background reference shows: android:background "@drawable/baseline_photo", you can always replace the part in quotes with "#ff000000" to make it black.

In the Dropbox app, I was able to do 80% of the edits in res/values/colors.xml. This is also a good place to start when editing an xml file. Also, res/values/styles.xml handles a lot of the theming elements. Dropbox didn't have very much in styles.xml though. I didn't even make any changes in there.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Very cool app makeover! Be sure and do the same to the new release coming from the DropBox site in the near future. Gotta love these guys on this site. They as a group are very talented, friendly, helpful and all around nice people!

stark23x

Reaction score
Just popping in to say *love this*. The more inversion/trans I get on my phone the longer my battery seems to last - and the less "OMG THE BLINDING BRIGHTNESS" I experience in dark rooms in the middle of the night. Which, oddly, happens more than I thought it would. :)

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Actually it takes just as much power to have a black screen as white b/c the backlight is on either way

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very cool app makeover! Be sure and do the same to the new release coming from the DropBox site in the near future. Gotta love these guys on this site. They as a group are very talented, friendly, helpful and all around nice people!

I'll do the new one when it is an official release. I don't want to do the beta because they may release the official one right after I get it done.

I think I may start on AppBrain App Market next.

Edit: Nevermind on the AppBrain inversion. In playing around with it, I noticed there is an option for a dark theme.

Last edited:

stark23x

Reaction score
Actually it takes just as much power to have a black screen as white b/c the backlight is on either way

Myth busted! I just read up on it, and you're 100% correct. Only OLED-based tech is affected by black vs. white pixels.

But I still get the "Plz dont blind me 1st thing in the morning kthanx" benefits. plus, let's face it, it just looks cooler.

Never discount the "it looks cooler" factor. :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loaded this up on the D1 and the Xoom, both look and perform great - thanks :)

OP
Devildog8791

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Myth busted! I just read up on it, and you're 100% correct. Only OLED-based tech is affected by black vs. white pixels.

But I still get the "Plz dont blind me 1st thing in the morning kthanx" benefits. plus, let's face it, it just looks cooler.

Never discount the "it looks cooler" factor. :)

This is why I do the inversions or install already inverted apps on my phone. I have a Droid Incredible with the AMOLED screen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

decalex

Reaction score

Ha, ya, I was gonna say. I just came from a super amoled previously.. very nice blacks.

Hey DevilDog - Thanks so much man! (for the explanation as well!)

nyteowl

Reaction score
This is phenomenal! I didn't realize how much I hated the stock theme on this app until I saw this in action. Excellent work and Thanks!