Gingerbread plus root from...

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Anybody know if this is planning on being released to the public at some point? $3 is nothing for the convenience of this, but I'd rather not donate to TBH if I don't have to, since I'm not a fan of the way they do things.

I'll probably get flamed for that statement, but whatever.

gqiq

Reaction score
i downloaded the droid2 bootstrap app from the market

i downloaded the TBH app and installed it.

downloaded rooted GB parts one and two from the TBH app

ran the bootstrap app (you need root, i think.)

booted into recovery via the app

created a backup of my phone.

chose the 'install zip from SD' option (it's something like that. not install update.zip).

chose part 1 of the gingerbread root zips, it ran and then told me to install part two.

selected 'install zip from SD' again, selected part 2, ran it.

this prompted a reboot

rebooted.

boom, rooted gingerbread.

then! i added the netflix .apk? and now i'm watching battlestar galactica. dancedroid
Thanks man... ur the best.. finally got GB.. woohoo
I purchased the TBH app and the Bootstrap app, downloaded the GB files and when I try to install the first GB file, I get this ...

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/Maps.apk", "8f62cbe941a6353f2b32840bb68ad3ba977eaf80", "37387bf80004399daf067050925f1c65dc71d3")
E:Error in /sdcard/teamblackhat/DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I am running rooted Froyo 3.8.7 and have not frozen or deleted any apps??

Did I waste my money? If I have to SBF, do I lose everything? Is that what I would have to do?

Thanks in advance!

Robert C.
Appleman did you ever get a response to your question of what happens if you SBF?

I'm wondering whether your entire phone gets wiped if you SBF.

If it does, I suppose thats why you should back your phone up before you start rooting it, but 1. How would you restore your apps and data and 2. when you do restore your apps and data, will the phone function exactly the same as it did before?

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
whats wrong with THB?

Eh, I don't really like the fact that they are basically selling OEM files that technically were likely stolen in the first place. With so many devs out there that do a lot of custom work for free, I don't really know what makes TBH think they're entitled to sell what was more than likely not their work in the first place. Of course, it costs them money, so they've got to recuperate their losses, but I just don't like the lack of transparency and the "forced donations" platform, if you will.

Anyway, this is not a thread to debate that, so I'll shut up.

devifr

Reaction score
I have an unrooted ver 2.3.3 GB, therefore I can't use the Bootstrapper to update from the SD. From what the recovery mode is showing, I can only run my updates from there. Is there anyway to run the TBH app from an unrooted device? Thanks.

wildsmith

Reaction score
I think you have to downgrade to 2.2.1, root your device, and then are able to flash tbh rom.

this is the reason that I am still waiting for an app to root my droid pro w/ 2.3.3.

madonnell

Reaction score
E:Can't open /sdcard/teamblackhat/DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part1.zip (bad)

I'm trying to install the TBH rooted gingerbread on a rooted droid pro. I get a "(bad)" error when I try installing it using the droid 2 bootstrapper. Can't find any reference to anything like this in any of the forums.

So, ...

Starting from Droid Pro with 3.8.7, rooted. Nothing frozen (I think :).

Installed TBH. Downloaded DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part1.zip & DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part2.zip via TBH. Did it a couple of times and verified same files.

Installed droid 2 bootstrapper. Bootstrap recovery ... Reboot recovery

Booted into "ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.8"
Selected "install zip from sdcard"
Browsed to teamblackhat/ & selected DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part1.zip.
Selected Yes - Install ...

Output:
> Installing: SDCARD:teamblackhat/DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part1.zip
> Finding update package ...
> Opening update package ...
> E:Can't open /sdcard/teamblackhat/DroidProGB_4.5.1-110_part1.zip (bad)
> Installation aborted.

(yes, that is the path to the .zip file)

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks,
- Mark

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Why not just install the regular GB update, then root it using the one click method?